ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fellow PC building geeks..

172 Cup
To cut a long story short I recently helped a mate sort out a persistent problem he had with his PC. He'd spent close to £1500 and it turned out that one of the memory modules was to blame.

Anyway as a thank you he said I could have a couple of his "old parts".

I forgot all about it until a UPS van pulled up outside a little earlier.

Here's what he sent me -

paddy-1.jpg

£150 Coolermaster Stacker case and a £130 Enermax Galaxy 850w PSU. Granted they're not brand new but like I'm going to complain! lol

Punto/Clio GTT
id sell em tbh, you aint gonna use them are ya? unless youre looking at building a pc atm

(and answer your bloody pms)

172 Cup
id sell em tbh, you aint gonna use them are ya? unless youre looking at building a pc atm

(and answer your bloody pms)

I was going to build a new PC in January so these have saved me a couple of hundred quid.

Sending a PM reply now to keep mr grumpy happy.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
nice case, similar to mine (i have the NVidia version) its bloody massive! I've just sorted out an ongoing issue that has caused me no end of grief recently with a second PC, turns out to be the wireless card.

Megane R26
Very nice indeed!

Mine is due an upgrade - how much do you charge for your services Griff?

Shed.
Cool.. I was going for an Antec Twelve Hundred case but I don't think it's worth it now.

Its a big case and i dont liek the way it looks (not the antec) but apparantly its very expensive. I just remember it being daam silent and kept everything very very cool.

I would keep what youve been given tbh.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
griff was on my speed dial for a few days when i was doing my self build. lol

172 Cup
To my surprise this turned up today -

paddy260.jpg

It can be useful having a mate that constantly upgrades his PC! lol

Does anyone know how I can tell which version of the 260 it is? IIRC they introduced a slightly better model not so many months ago? Roy?

Nice card. That will pump out some frames. BFG, too :approve:

IIRC yes, there were two revisions. The original 260 had 192 shader units, and the latest one had 216. I'm not sure how you tell which version you have :)

172 Cup
Nice card. That will pump out some frames. BFG, too :approve:

IIRC yes, there were two revisions. The original 260 had 192 shader units, and the latest one had 216. I'm not sure how you tell which version you have :)

Cheers.. Obviously GPU-Z will tell me but I'm waiting for my Antec 900-2 to arrive before I install it.

The model number on the card doesn't seem to say which version it is unfortunately.

Mitsubishi Colt
Cheers.. Obviously GPU-Z will tell me but I'm waiting for my Antec 900-2 to arrive before I install it.

The model number on the card doesn't seem to say which version it is unfortunately.

From that photo and from various reviews (and Nvidia's ever changing name/spec goalpost game) that card's the "newer" 216 core version, as opposed to the "slower" version with 192.... still a damn quick card an I certainly wouldn't complain!

Antec 900-2 - very nice. Got the Twelve Hundred myself, best case I've ever had and the Nine Hundred-2 should be just as good.