ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferrari + barrier = ?

= this. Ouch. Driver and marshal both injured in hospital. Ten years ago, that'd have been two fatalities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey. I'm guessing the white blankets are so people cant see? So must be pretty gory or something? Hope the driver and marshal recover okay though.

Lotus Elise
Holy crap. Although my first though is the lack of urgency shown by all the marshals.

Goes to show how serious it is if the marshals dont dare touch them.

​Horrible video but the question is how? Why is the car going so fast compared to the others and why did it spin?

Clio 182
Holy crap.

Although my first though is the lack of urgency shown by all the marshals.

at smaller events the marshalling/1st aid can be horribly inadequate for a big incident. There's a really horrible video of a Lambo (iirc) crashing and igniting recently too, takes an age for anything to happen :(

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

​Reminds me of this!

Clio 182
​Horrible video but the question is how? Why is the car going so fast compared to the others and why did it spin?

At a guess, he was still having a bit of a race with the black car you briefly see in the background (or possibly the other yellow one you see off on the other side)

Twingo Dynamique
in japan the white sheets are commonplace iirc... :S nearly any crash where there could be an injury.. safe to say that one didnt look like one you'r walk away from....

The driver of the crashed car didn't see the chequered flag. Car in front checked up and he swerved. At those speeds there's nothing you can do.

Ph2 Clio 172
at smaller events the marshalling/1st aid can be horribly inadequate for a big incident. There's a really horrible video of a Lambo (iirc) crashing and igniting recently too, takes an age for anything to happen :(

British marshalling is also second to none, so in comparison anything looks rubbish. We regularly ship 'our' marshals out to other countries to man big events because they don't have enough of their own. IIRC the Abu Dhabi and Indian GPs were manned almost exclusively by British marshals.

But its not even the numbers, its just the way they casually walk over and concentrate more on rolling out the white sheet rather than checking on the driver. Nobody seemed to give a dam about the marshal on the floor for ages.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
I blinked the first time round. Had to play it again to even see the Ferrari before it hit the barrier.

As terrible as it sounds, most big tracks will have a procedure in place for an accident like this where a fatality is likely, which includes screening and clearing access for helicopters etc. Also have procedures for mass spectator injury e.t.c. too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

​Reminds me of this!

Jesus H! What a true hero. Singlehandedly put that fire out and tried to get the driver out!

Can't believe the driver was even conscious never mind alive. Nit sure why they left his helmet on though after taking his brace off.

Jesus H! What a true hero. Singlehandedly put that fire out and tried to get the driver out!

Can't believe the driver was even conscious never mind alive. Nit sure why they left his helmet on though after taking his brace off.

I think he regained consciousness after he was dragged out the car and flipped out - like most people do when they have fainted.

That video made my heart skip a beat.

I don't normally like ghey songs over videos of this nature but I think that qualifies for it.

Lotus Elise
I think he regained consciousness after he was dragged out the car and flipped out - like most people do when they have fainted. That video made my heart skip a beat. I don't normally like ghey songs over videos of this nature but I think that qualifies for it.

You'd also wig out if you had just had your eyes burnt out. This is why I will be racing with a visor this year, pull it down if you see fire. Saved Hunter Abbott's eyes at Oulton.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
There was a fatal crash while I was at Donington on Sunday. It's all too easy to forget just how dangerous motor racing is.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
What championship? Someone sadly lost his life during a race I was in. Very sad indeed.

It was the historic racing weekend, pre 70's saloon cars or something like that... Minis and Cortinas versus muscle cars etc. A Mustang and Mini collided on the double apex right hander before the old Dunlop bridge. The Mini driver, Christian Devereux was announced fatally injured by the time I'd got home. RIP.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
This one always makes my heart skip a beat. I think it probably would for most people too tbh..

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Martin Donnelly's crash was a properly bad one to watch. Yeah, he lived, but fcuk it was bad.

4171015859.jpg

safety_martin_donnelly_wreckag_jerez_1990_1.jpg