ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few pics of my beasts!!!

i was gonna ask wheres the passenger airbag? but thats been explained, lovely lookin cars! how much did the throttle bodies cost ya? looks like my charger pipe would fit perfectly on the end of there! ;)

Cool cars but i dont see the point in having such similar ones..

I liked that special edition Saxo which was a two tone grey, sounds boring but it looked nice. I wouldnt choose black and white but i cant fault your wheel choices!

Mind if i ask how much the Saxo cost all in?

-Rob

[Edited by RobFenn on 07 March 2005 at 9:42am]

Remapped derv Golf

You could build a VTS track day car pretty cheap. Ive seen early P reg examples knocking around for £2k.

The 205 GTI 1.6 and 1.9 are even cheaper to buy. My cousins dad has a perfect 1.6 GTi that would be great fun for track days (modded of course)

Or maybe a 106 Rallye 1.3 with the VTS 16v lump

oooooohh juicy!

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 06 March 2005
It almost like Yozzas Cup.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Wonder if its quicker? <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">I thought a VTL was what they called the VTR in Europe when it first came out.

:devilish:

truth is, it probably is quicker, as I would expect it to be a lot lighter. The saxos handle very well out of the box, so it looks like a monster. Much Respect. Can I ask one question tho are you planning on putting another cage in? as if you are, put something in the hits the strut tops at the rear, as it will add a lot more structural ridgidity to the car, and put a harness bar in ;-)

Give me two weeks and I shoudl be able to compete a bit better. :)

Hats Off.

/y0z

clio 200 F4Rt

y0z2a - no strut tops on rear of saxo, tho the cage does fit onto the rear, as the rear beam bolts to cage and car, so it is an integral part of it. its a FIA sparco jobby!

Fred2001Dynamic - different car, as said before!

RobFenn - dread to think what its cost me. spent about £6500 on engine (tho that includes 16v conversion from vtr). spent around £1000 on suspension. £600 on brakes, £1000 on interior.......

Ben j - throttle bodies are a GMC designed kit, with 40mm SF type jenveys, 180 degree trumpets, airbox, and omex ECU. Kit, fitting and mapping came to a cool £3200!! tho that was due to alot of re-wiring work due to the ECU and previous engine conversion!

Iain C - live in Chichester, so pretty likely you would of seen the car that way at some point!

Nice looking Saxo! You thought about going for a GMC SC? I hear those little lumps take very well to a bit of forced induction...

Remapped derv Golf

That little 1.6 16v is quite an engine considering its french and not a jap job.

200bhp in race car form arent they?

hmm something to look for in the future, gettin my sc tbd too. itd prob break the rest of the drive tho with the extra power. wats seats r they u have? comfy?

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 07 March 2005
i swear i saw that saxo beingbuilt, IIRC they had to cut the roof off to fit the cage????

that was dave sharpes, gmc motorsport demo car IIRC

clio 200 F4Rt

Ben j - seats are Cobra imola 2s in Kevlar, very comfy, hold you well, and the lightest seats cobra do! as for brakes, they are hi-spec billet 4 pots, on a 285mm 2 peice disc. They are pretty good, tho i keep boiling the fluid, gotta get me some race luquid!!

papa? - car is on GMCs throttle body conversion, i am a bit of an N/A fan, and also feel N/A is far safer for track days, what with high inlet temps etc or boosted cars! but each to thier own and all that!

Bryan - indeed!

y0z2a - car should be on track at FCS, if i can be bothered to trailor her up! so come hav a butchers then, if your about!

wat sort of pads do u run on them? im thinking maybe mine are too hard, thats the problem. they just dont seem to bite that well untill alot of use. then when they do abs kicks in!