ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Pics of the Zetec-S

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Just a few pics of the TDCI Zetec-S

Really is outshining my expectations and to my surprise alot of other cars. Quick, pokey and enough boost for my liking until the year warranty is up ;).

Pics taken with a crap HTC Touch Dual and HTC Touch.

fiesta-12-05-09_01.jpg

fiesta-12-05-09_02.jpg

fiesta-12-05-09_03.jpg

fiesta-12-05-09_04.jpg

fiesta-12-05-09_05.jpg

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Like the shape of the new Zetec-s saw a white 1 in town at the weekend and it looked nice if they brought this out in 1.6 turbo with 200bhp ansd called it the ST it would sell like hotcakes.

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_025_530.jpg

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_021.jpg

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_029.jpg

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_039.jpg

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
What have you done to it to get 115bhp :S I thought these were only 90 from standard..
A T.B does that
sorry but these are only 88bhp standard
Sorry its 90BHP, however the T.B takes it up to 115 BHP.

Yes craig, however the dash is feckinbg huge in the new one, quite ugly looking actually. Maybe the facelift model will look a bit better inside. Mate ordered the 1.6L Zetec S with the Sports Pack in that blue colour, looks smart, just the interior aint that nice.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
New zetec-s is a great drive Adam. Feels spacious but not to big.

Hate the tiesto badge tho.

koi

Audi S1
Love the reflection in the windows on the first couple of pics, pretty good for a camera phone.

mk2 Clio's look a bit dated now, that new Fiesta is luverly

Z4
A T.B does that

Sorry its 90BHP, however the T.B takes it up to 115 BHP.

Yes craig, however the dash is feckinbg huge in the new one, quite ugly looking actually. Maybe the facelift model will look a bit better inside. Mate ordered the 1.6L Zetec S with the Sports Pack in that blue colour, looks smart, just the interior aint that nice.

a throttle body? what type?
My mate has a zetec s tdci exactly the same as yours, here's a photo with his friends 125d coupe
dancar3.jpg

I've driven it, didn't feel very quick, but its not too noisey for a dirty derv and the built quality was good. I like the dials too, nice touch.

What can he do for a little more power then, you said t.b (what type?) and obviously a remap would give some extra power I would presume.

Cheers

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
The remap can take it to 140BHP (C4 has the same engine).

The T.B is not a Throttle Body, Tuning Box. Plug and Play to 115. Makes the Turbo pick up at around 1500 mark not the 2000 mark.

The camera i wish i had my proper Fuji with me, need to start carrying it around in the car me thinks.

Z4

The T.B is not a Throttle Body, Tuning Box. Plug and Play to 115. Makes the Turbo pick up at around 1500 mark not the 2000 mark.

The camera i wish i had my proper Fuji with me, need to start carrying it around in the car me thinks.

how much are they and where can he get one from? He's been considering selling up recently as it's not very quick! Makes a big difference does it?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Like the shape of the new Zetec-s saw a white 1 in town at the weekend and it looked nice if they brought this out in 1.6 turbo with 200bhp ansd called it the ST it would sell like hotcakes.

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_025_530.jpg

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_021.jpg

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_029.jpg

ford_fiesta_zetec-s_mountune_2009_039.jpg

I saw the lassie driving it aswell mate, id have rode the wee yin in the passenger seat like Sea Biscuit tbh

Tidy lookin wee motors, i like them

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Adam theres no way you would get as much as 140bhp with the remap bud. maybe max 30bhp.....45lb/ft

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR

Only the 110 1.6 jumps to 145 ish on the C4. The 92hp (as it is on the C4) jump to 110 - 120 with a remap on the lower spec diesel. Not sure exactly what differences there are though and if it is easy to change a 92 to a 110.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
LOL!!
Friend has one of these but in black, pretty sweet i think!

Danny: Were you the one in the blue jumper at the Edin. meet?:eek:

Fraid' so mate. I didnt get a chance to speak to everyone sadly as theres so much pish to be spoken in such a short time lol

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Only the 110 1.6 jumps to 145 ish on the C4. The 92hp (as it is on the C4) jump to 110 - 120 with a remap on the lower spec diesel. Not sure exactly what differences there are though and if it is easy to change a 92 to a 110.

aye although the hdi engines and the tdci engines are the same, ish. for some reason ford get very slightly less power out of them. (only a couple bhp)

the zetec-s has the low output enigine (90bhp ish) as the basic c4 like the sx/vt.
My c4 has the 110bhp version fitted to the focus ( the 90 is fitted to the poverty spec focuses). i think the main difference is the 110s have an intercooler iirc. and different air box etc. dont think there is much difference internally.

Mapping the low ones as wozza says gets you 120, a box is probably good for 110ish, the higher out put ones, a box gets you about the same output as the 2.0l deisel, and a generic map gets you about 140-145, but a custome RR set up map could get almost 150.

hows the smoke on the TB, they tend to make your car a fog machine because of how they work. i only really get smoke if it drop it too low and get the revs too high. but torque and boost is fawsome.

Monaro VXR
90/92 should still have an inter cooler. Least they do in the C4. I believe it is a different turbo 110 gets variable geometry turbo the 90 does not.

Think that is the reason for the extra power.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
oops missed out bigger one for intercooler.
done some digging, turns out the 110 has different injectors(more and variable pressure) and a a variable geometry turbo, and has some overboost feature when when you nail it ups the torque, the 2.0 has the same but the 92 has neither.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
aye although the hdi engines and the tdci engines are the same, ish. for some reason ford get very slightly less power out of them. (only a couple bhp)

the zetec-s has the low output enigine (90bhp ish) as the basic c4 like the sx/vt.
My c4 has the 110bhp version fitted to the focus ( the 90 is fitted to the poverty spec focuses). i think the main difference is the 110s have an intercooler iirc. and different air box etc. dont think there is much difference internally.

Mapping the low ones as wozza says gets you 120, a box is probably good for 110ish, the higher out put ones, a box gets you about the same output as the 2.0l deisel, and a generic map gets you about 140-145, but a custome RR set up map could get almost 150.

hows the smoke on the TB, they tend to make your car a fog machine because of how they work. i only really get smoke if it drop it too low and get the revs too high. but torque and boost is fawsome.
Smoke isnt bad at all actually. Isnt as much as other cars ive seen with them.

oops missed out bigger one for intercooler.
done some digging, turns out the 110 has different injectors(more and variable pressure) and a a variable geometry turbo, and has some overboost feature when when you nail it ups the torque, the 2.0 has the same but the 92 has neither.
Hmm, variable geometry turbo, wonder how easy a swap is. Have to look into this for next year. Bloody warranty!!

tuning box = electrical gremlins
None so far chief.