ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few questions on Sub - box and remote wire?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I haven't bought a sub yet, but decided I'm going to make the box my self.

Me and the girlfriend decided to run the remote wire to the boot tonight ready for when i get all the stuff, head unit out, found the remote wire, said 0.3 something on a sleeve on the cable? just cut it off, found some cable about the same thickness, was slightly thicker actually, soldered it on and run it to the boot. The wire i used was an earth wire in a mower cable, as it was similar thickness and had it lying around. Just wondering will this be okay?

Another thing, i have never heard a 10 inch sub before, and this is my 1st build, but my computer has a 4 inch sub in a box (Dell) and gives fantastic bass, so i figure a 1 inch sub would be ample. If possible i want to have the amp in the same box as the sub, so its all neat and tucked out the way.

What is the best shape and size to go for? (diagrams and sizes would be great!) .. i have seen many different shapes for a 10 inch sub and wondering what is best to go for?

Also, Popped into BNQ with the girlfriend today to look at the prices of MDF (as i guess that what most boxes are made from?) and i thought the prices were fantastic! - I took pics as its easier than writing it down on my phone!..

Image127.gif

Image128.gif

What thickness do i need to go for? was hoping the 12mm would be plenty as its pretty cheap?

Thats all for now, Thanks! :cool:

CLIO PH1 172
go on the above website they will help with what to tune the box to as it depends on what type of music u listen too ect... this will determine the size of the box and weather it should be ported or enclosed

also the amp should not be mounted IN the box as it will distort the sound. its best to mount it to the back of the box, and use the 18mm mdf board and LOADS of screws and glue make every join airtight.

hope that helps a little talkaudio will be perfect for what your after tho ;)

Iceberg 172
Hi Nick,

If this is your first instal and you are just looking for a bit of bass (comparing it to your 4" sub for the PC I think almost any 10" sub in a clio will rock your world!) I personally would go onto www.caraudiosecurity.com and have a look at an all in one Sub/Amp box which is called an Active Sub and then just wire it all in yourself.

See how you get on with it, I've had so many different instals in various cars and personally a 10" Sub in a small hatchback like the Clio works perfectly.

They're not the best make but have a look at the Vibe Active Subs... they do sound well for the money! Trust me!

If you're wanting to do it all from scratch yourself then fair play, but TBH, making the box yourself is just a waste of time IMO. You might want a Sealed box for extra punch or a Ported box for a bit of extra Low down bass or you might want and bandpass box which has different enclosures within the box to give even more bass!!

The company's who make the box's know what they're doing! And they're not dear!

If you want a chat about options (I used to work for my mate who owns his own ICE shop and help do instals) then pm me and I'll give you my email address!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Thanks for the info, Decided im going to make my own box, picking MDF up this morning so will be able to crack on!