ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FINALLY BT ARRIVED! 5th time lucky!!

BT missed yet another oppointment and left me hanging again...after a blast of anger down the phone at someone they finally arrived today... (1hr late) the results with my slow speed connection was pointing at my Netgear Router DG834G.

My question is now.... after checking the internet... these Netgear Routers (this ones a year old but the lastest ones also dont mention Vista) dont mention they are compatible with Vista??

'Compatible with Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux'

So my question is... could this be the problem as its been since I bought my new Vista Premium loaded laptop? What Router is compatible with Vista? and it needs to be 54kbps...or AOL wont support it.. any help would be coolio...as I want to go shopping for one soon as I know what one will work with Vista?

Hope this solves it...or this Laptop is going back where i got it faster than u can say Vista is b****cks and I want XP back!

172 cup'd extreme
Speed of a router has nothing to do with what O/S in on the host system, a router is a computer in itself with its own memory and cpu.
My guess may be - if you are using wireless on your laptop then there is some interference from a nearby network on the same channel or a nearby channel.

Or it could be a problem with the wifi cards software or drivers with vista.

Revels Mum & Sister
Id go with possible Inteferene or driver problem. As has been said the router doesnt need drivers.

Try connecting your laptop with an Ethernet cable, failing this could be a shafted router. The DG834G are usually pretty good to be honest

Thanks folks... that sounds possible as I am picking up 3 other signals (even tho they are weak)from other wireless routers around here.

I dug out my old BT 150 (OR 160...cant remember now) broadband modem to try with the cable... and the fooking thing isnt compatible with Vista...as its out of date.

I might just buy another Modem and use a cable rather than getting another wireless one.

Another plan! I just noticed Argos sell Netgear Routers similar to mine... I might go and get one... swap it over and try it... if it works i'll keep it...if it fails i'll wrap it back up and get my money back? prob best idea? keep trying various ones until it works?