ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got round to saying hi...

96' 1.4 Clio RT & Polo
Hi!

I've been lurking a fair bit on here - over the last year, and although I have made the occasional post here and there, I've not said hi...

My names Andy. Over the course of the last year I'm on my third Clio. All of which have been MK1, and have had piddly little engines.

The first was a 1998 Black 1.2 RL. Ended up on it's roof after the engine seizing up on Bury Hill (Not sure if any of you know it) - however having loved the car, I bought a cheap 1.4 Champs, which lasted all of 3 months - engine needed major work to it, and when it came to the crunch, I couldn't afford it, so I sold it to a mechanic, who has stuck a new 1.4 in it, and it is now seen around now and again.

The replacement was a MK3 VW Polo, which I've been using for a work runaround for the last 6 months, clocking on average about 60 miles a day, and running perfectly fine. In fact it's out back and still in regular use.

Anyway, as much as i love my dub, this isn't a dub forum.

Following a recent payrise, I went upto the missus with my 'I want something ' face. I wanted a new plaything, and something cheap to learn how to maintain a car properly. Apart from the weekly checks, I'm not very mechanic savvy.

Two weeks ago I picked up the new car. Another MK1. It's a 1.4 RT with 40,000 on the clock, which needs a little bit of work, but nothing major (Headlight leveling for MOT in June, new wingmirror, and cambelt change is overdue)

I've already cleaned the remote sensor from water damage, and sealed it, and soon enough I'll find some guides on sealing the roof, so it doesn't get damaged again. Also it got a fresh battery today and the new wingmirror will be on order by the end of the week.

I've not done much, but everyone starts somewhere :)

Clio182 Astra2 GTE16v
It's far better than my 1973 clapped out mini clubman estate, sorry all those clubman followers. Welcome bud