ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally its here - Nokia N9

The screen looks a little unresponsive in that video, and also the frame rate looks a little poor in most situations. Otherwise that seems to be a cool phone.

However, it doesn't have the App Store, and on that basis, arm oot.

It's certainly the first Nokia phone in the last 3 years that I would consider owning. The vid above does look like it is a bit unresponsive but the one on Engadget seems much better.

It is a confusing situation though, why not just port WP7 over to it? With that phone they are releasing an already dead product that support will be extremely limited very quickly.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
and there was me thinking this forum was full of nothing but apple worshippers!

id still like to try megoo (i think its called) in person, looks ok. the only down side with that is lack of keyboard.

53 Clio 172
Have to admit, after owning my Nokia smart phone for over a year now - I wont be owning another Nokia anytime soon! It seems after making the 3310 the phones were made by monkeys!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
N950 is a dev handset. Has a lower spec than the consumer N9.

TBH i'm a bit pissed at Nokia over this. The hardware is great (a saving grace as almost certianly the WP7 phones will carry the same design ethos and language) The OS looks amazingly clever, simple enough to be easy to use but powerful enough to be a proper smartphone.

Why on earth they decided to go with WP7 over this i have no idea. Boils my piss.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
as soon as the n9 is in shops ill be going to check it out. but i just love my n900 its amazing. its s shame it doesnt have a desktop like the n900 but im sure you will get used to it

granted not the fastest handset on the market but so what.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'll give it a look, but id never buy it as its a dead OS already.

clio 182 'full fat'
all new nokia's always look good on paper but end up being riddled with faults and unuseable. hopefully nokia have put there arse into gear and rectified these faults as there phones would be awesome if they worked!
owned nothing but nokias for years but swapped to a htc desire hd. best phone ive owned its faultless!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the n97mini was the worst nokia i ever owned all it did was freeze and crash. my n900 run without any problems.

just to keep it running smooth i restart it once a week

Clio 182 cup'd
Sorry about late reply, its a Nokia 5800

It freezes, turns itself on/off randomly and texting is a nightmare with the touch screen (I don't even have stubby fat fingers!)

Alongside the n97, you have the worst Nokia phone ever produced!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
5800 was useable once you did the 5-6 updates that came out for it. Still dreadful.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just been doing some more reading on the N9, no flash support - very dissapointing

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah really. A handfull of people own N900's i've seen the flash on them and its simply OK, its not amazing.
All of the devices i've seen running it (android mainly) are terrible. The only small device that does flash well is the playbook. (i was unlucky enough to play with one last week)

Its not that great on PC's either. My laptop's battery is killed if i use flash too much.

The undeniable fact remains is that it was never designed to be a mobile product from the outset. Its just been hacked and bodged onto phones.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
fair enough not being into these things i take your word for it.

but i do agree it run craps on computer, my laptop with windows 7 hates flash.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL. Good luck finding it in a shop.

N8 lacks multitasking? Rubbish!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats not multitasking. Thats a s**t browser.

Anna improves that.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
surely part of multi tasking is being able to open more than one web page at a time.

Last edited by a moderator: