ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally joined the Clio clan

Clio sport 182
So I finally not only joined the forum but got my Clio 182 yesterday. It’s in great condition only issue I do have is that when I brake the fog lamp illuminated on the dash I have heard it’s common but if someone knows of a thread in here explains how to sort it I believe it’s just a earthing issue or wet plug in the lamps I’m a tech by trade and love my motors I’ve owned a wide range of cars from Vauxhall’s Corsas to astras to minis and my Saab until recently (witch I love and still don’t want to get rid of really)

But back to the Clio someone has proper crashed through Halfords there’s cup 172 stickers stuck on the side of the doors (even tho it’s a 182) there’s a carbon filter housing the size of the steering wheel under the bonnet and is connected by a forge motorsport pipework. And where the jubilee has been done up so tight it’s cut through the pipework. As I said it’s abit pickeyd up. I want to still get a open air intake for it, but don’t really want to spend more than 50-60 quid any idea on brands etc

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So I finally not only joined the forum but got my Clio 182 yesterday. It’s in great condition only issue I do have is that when I brake the fog lamp illuminated on the dash I have heard it’s common but if someone knows of a thread in here explains how to sort it I believe it’s just a earthing issue or wet plug in the lamps I’m a tech by trade and love my motors I’ve owned a wide range of cars from Vauxhall’s Corsas to astras to minis and my Saab until recently (witch I love and still don’t want to get rid of really)

But back to the Clio someone has proper crashed through Halfords there’s cup 172 stickers stuck on the side of the doors (even tho it’s a 182) there’s a carbon filter housing the size of the steering wheel under the bonnet and is connected by a forge motorsport pipework. And where the jubilee has been done up so tight it’s cut through the pipework. As I said it’s abit pickeyd up. I want to still get a open air intake for it, but don’t really want to spend more than 50-60 quid any idea on brands etc
Which forge motorsport piping? If it's the one with a breather that's worth ££

Clio sport 182
No clue I have loosened the clip since this and it looks like it was just flat not split

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 141
  Clio sport 182
I'll take it off you if you don't want it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ok so after cleaning the filter up and can live with it sorry bud, I also went to go and do the spark plugs and noticed that the inlet manifold bolts were buggered!!! They required me to heli coil 3, I have fitted a thermo tech gasket after cleaning up and making sure it’s clean but it seamed to be leaking on the right and left hand side. I then used some sealant on top of the gasket and seams a lot better. I’ve just got to do the clutch cable looks relatively simple just fiddly at a quick look.

Once that’s done I will be happy as the clutch is incredibly heavy!

Not sure that is a BMC CDA... Looks like a cheap Chinese copy to me?

crf-bmc-general.jpg

Rear fog lamp on the dash when braking will be the bulb holder connections. Take the rear lights out, clean up the connections and the wiring plugs (I also had to bend the earth pins on mine very slightly to make a better connection) and the issue never came back. With the sidelights, brake lights, reverse lights, rear fogs, and hazards on it shouldn't look like knackered old trailer having a disco.

PH2 172
The clutch will always be heavy. Welcome to clio life??

I posted this in November 2017.

17k miles later it is still light, as I was reminded when I drove a 182 a couple of weeks ago and thought I had hit the brake pedal.

"As there was no final resolution to this thread, after tolerating a low biting point and heavy clutch pedal for over 3+ years, & 30k miles, last week following a gearbox disaster, I had a new clutch fitted at the same time.

The instant result, using the same clutch cable etc was a normal bite point & feather light operation (relatively).

The friction plate & thrust bearing were still in serviceable condition, so the root cause is a gradual deterioration of the diaphragm spring in the pressure plate, resulting in excessive pedal movement before the clutch freed off, and an inefficient operating angle resulting in a heavy pedal.

Sorry but clutch replacement is the answer to this problem if you cannot live with it."

Clio sport 182
Oh I can live with a heavy clutch I’m use to it with what I work on I just don’t like the creak and “notchyness” of the pedal