ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally settled on my choosen waxes....

106 GTi
... combination. Over the last few weeks.

A coat of Pinnacle Souveran, a coat Poorboys Nattys Blue topped off with another coat of Souveran.

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

106 GTi
As an all rounder P21s is great. Does look good on Black, but lacks the depth and wetness the other two above mixed can give.

On Blues, and Silvers the P21s really excels.

The P21s though is much better value for money than the Souveran, half the price, and much easier on and off than the Poorboys Nattys Wax.

If I had to choose one only as opposed to the 10 or so carnubas I must have at least - P21s would be the one.

106 GTi
Not even a very :(

Back to the summer combo now Kenny under it.

Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze and Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant base.

al

ST on the way...
All I can say is, WOW! That's very shiny and deep looking matey! :)

I only hope to match that shine some day ;)

Me thinks I need a pc now......

106 GTi
Cheers Al

Jay said:
Rich - at what stage do you use Clearkote Vanilla moose, after clay?

Jay - I washed, (Didnt clay as it didnt need it) Polished with Poorboys SSR 2.5 and Megs #80 Speed Glaze. Then glazed with the VM and sealed with a couple of coats of the Wolfgang Sealant over easter. Been adding on the wax since.

As father and son....
very tempted to go for some souveran now.

GC wash
Clay (if required)
Poorboys Polish (blue)
Megs FTG
Souveran
24 hr break
Nattys
24 hr break
Nattys

?

106 GTi
I left the sealant for a week then topped with Souveran, the following week with the Nattys Blue, and the weekend after the last coat of Souveran.

I would leave at least 12 hours between each sealant and/or wax coat, or just add another layer after each wash over a few weeks.

As father and son....
Bearing in mind thats working from hand, how does the souveran work compared to say Nattys ? Easy off, does it require hazing?

106 GTi
Souveran is much easier IMO than the Nattys, which I found to be more work than P21s.

Souveran is very easy on and off. I wipe on and off, not waiting around for it to haze etc. Spreads on just like hot butter.

106 GTi
Tis not cheap, all pretty much the same price over here tho :(

I must admit tho - I stocked up last summer when it was being sold half price in the states which meant it was P21s money at 18 quid a pot.

Mito Sportiva 135
Bloody good work my friend. Something very satisfying about black cars- we have 3 on our drive: Porsche Boxster, new Golf and........ Ford Ka (which is about to be upgraded to a 172 in black, at last!!)

106 GTi
None to sell on sorry, just about finished the pot I am using, over years use though so cant grumble.

Brand86 said:
Bloody good work my friend. Something very satisfying about black cars- we have 3 on our drive: Porsche Boxster, new Golf and........ Ford Ka (which is about to be upgraded to a 172 in black, at last!!)

All those black cars damn your brave!

D

dick

omg! beaut mate

black when they are clean look best, but 1 spec of dust, shows up like anything!

rich, any pics from a few meters away or next to a normal clean black car?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Lovely mate, going to invest in the same products ( as you know!)

Where is the preferred place to buy the mentioned products?

Ta.

106 GTi
dick said:
omg! beaut mate

black when they are clean look best, but 1 spec of dust, shows up like anything!

rich, any pics from a few meters away or next to a normal clean black car?

Not any next to anything else black but a full car shot.

IMG_9445.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
What can I say - I'm a sucker for punishment! How do you post pictures on here btw... about time I stuck some photos of shiny metal and rubber on here!