ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally.........

Finally got round to registering on this forum.........although I have been reading the banter for a few months now! You all seem pretty good natured and underworked enough to spend your days posting here, so I reckon I might just fit in :)

Am thoroughly enjoying owning this little kids car with a grown-up engine slapped in it, although I reckon I live in the worst place to get the best out of it!! London aint great......although I do get to practise a lot of accelerating/braking over very short distances!

Ok, now I have a gripe......Ive had the 172 since Feb and my coolant level is already at the minimum! And I have a horrible grating/knocking noise coming form the front left side of the car. Now, I hold my hands up and openly admit to having bugger all knowledge (well, some - but not much) of what goes on mechanically.......(sigh)......mental note to self to sort this out one day!

Im getting a little service done just to be careful at the end of the month and the guy at Renault reckoned the grating/knocking may just be my brakes......if anyone has encountered similar issues and knows better, please help!

Also, where has the coolant gone? I cant see any leaks and dont think it should be vanishing anywhere! Or am I being overly concerned? I guess I just want a few opinions before it goes to them.......

Anyway, sorry for the long(ish) post.

PS - Hi :D

Oooh - Ive got 2 stars by my name! Is this like a McDonalds thing where I get more if Im good and I post nice things and you take them away if I swear a lot and insult Citroens?

Ok, for Citroens in above post, please read Lada. Dont want to upset Kathy!! I had just finished reading that 5 page post from hell below this one.....lol

Graham from.........hey I already told ya!! Clue - it starts with L, its very dirty and I reckon that there are only 6 peeps out of the 7 million living here who kow how to drive properly. Im one of them, honest! ;)

Give up? (sigh) - London