ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finepix S9500 Help Please

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
anybody got one of these? if so can you help me set it up or is it just a pants camera.

its my dads camera and no matter what settings i use the photos just dont come out right all the darker bits are just speckerly, i keep try but get fedup with the result and return to my point and shoot sony as its far better, these are the results i get :-

03c98682.gif

2e165c49.gif

3ffe2eeb.gif

4cdbfd97.gif

61e9c5ad.gif

b4986c8c.gif

bc8fd0b6.gif

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Re: Finepix S9500

it looks like the camera is under exposing hence the speckles as you say are showing.

Check to see the iso is not set too high too.
Set the camera in manual mode and have a play with shutter/Fno to see what you can come up with.

alien green rs133

i got a finepix s9600 and have played with setting like no end, tbh set it on auto and its pretty spot on :p

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225

when i took the above photos there where on auto, im pretty disapointed with it tbh was the best one 12 months ago when my dad bought it top of all the digital cameras, but when ive used it the results have just been disapointing compaired to a proper slr

D

dick

you havent got it on a strange metering mode have you?

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225

not that im aware off just tried a few ISO setting and ISO 80 is the best gonna upload results in a mo

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225

ISO 800
37f7dac7.gif

ISO 400
59c39f87.gif

ISO 80
9502d61a.gif

AUTO
a0be759b.gif

ISO 100
bfcabd34.gif

ISO 200
ed8bb5de.gif

ISO 1600
fb60ebc9.gif

Last edited:
  Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150

Is there an option in the menu to restore factory settings, just a thought as i've always used Fuji and not had too many issues...not pro quality...but good enough for most of us.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225

yes there is, tried all that, just down to altering every setting to try now

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
After having another play with it and Andi B taking a look found out theres was a dark filter on it which didnt help so swapped it for a clear UV one the results are better but still not perfect

ec833740.gif

ISO is set to 80 and the WB is set to cloudy, need to find a setting for blue skys and sun now

A dark filter? circular polariser perhaps?

The problem is that your shooting high contrast situations with the wrong Metering set. Your Camera is trying to expose for very bright sky and very dark shaded areas like the tree, its attempted to find a medium for all of this and you end up with an under exposed car.
The last two look less contrasty and have come out ok.
Or
You have exposure compensation set which is causing under exposure.

Changing the ISO won't change the exposure if the shutter speed and aperture are adjusting to compensate for this.

As said I'd restore factore settings and see how that works out.

VaVa
I agree with Pete. Even in manual you'd struggle to expose the car properly and not blow out the sky in the first pic. You've parked the car in a shadow of a bush with very bright sky behind it! Very tricky!

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^my point and shoot sony doesnt struggle tho, i reset it see what happens