ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at a Time Lapse

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Had a gander yesterday at a time lapse video using my 20D sat on my window ledge connected via USB to my MacBook Pro:

Not to bad me thinks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
The morning part is set at every 45seconds, the second part of the video is every 30secs.

And yes I think it might be tracers as we live near various MOD training areas.

PH1 iceburg
Im going to do this when we move this weekend. They have built a bird bath thing about 20 feet from our new house. Our 2 cats are going tohave a field day. Should make for some good action.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Another attempt at some snow overnight

Shitty lens flare though :dapprove:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Love the idea of this. How many photos does it actually take?

Depends how long you leave it for ;)

Both time lapse are running at 15 fps.

The first video I posted I was taking images at an interval of 30seconds, the snow time lapse I took an image every minute. I set that up at about 10pm and let it run whilst I slept through the night until roughly 10am the next morning. The snow video I was left with 693 images.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I used a piece of animation software called iStopMotion on my Mac Book Pro, all I do is:

Connect my Canon 20D using a USB cable to my Mac, whilst the software is set up ( selecting the camera as the device, rather than the default web-cam )
Place my camera on a small tripod (or books in my case due to room) on my window seal or where ever you desire.
Hit the start button and away you go.

I had to make sure that all my camera batteries are charged because unfortunately I can't run this camera straight from mains which is frustrating. Unlike my Mac, which I could leave running all year.

Might make a video on how to do it for the first time.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I want to try this :) Those videos are cool, love the one of the snow, how you can see it getting deeper. Shame about the lens flair but it's still a nice little video.