ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at night pics (advice)

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I know there are some good people on here so how do you think this looks....

IMG_2950-1.jpg

Mk2 ph1 clio
Try usuing manual focus for this sort of photo, you usualy get better results.

also i noticed theres a fair bit of noise in the photo so try using a lower ISO .. i always use ISO 100 for night time shots.

Also with this being a still image you can get away with using F22 and a long exposure.

Best way to learn is put the camera on manual, Set the ISO at 100, F22 and adjust the shutter speed til you get the shot you want... after you have that sorted and have played around with that you can see how each setting changes the outcome.. gives some interesting results!

You could merge 3 identical images together to make it seem like its been exposed for 1 min 30 secs. You can fine tune it to perfection then. Nice little garden that. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Here is my first attempt Pete.

3764144980_2826353940_b.png

Was hoping to give some constructive advice but i dont know what the f**k i am doing either
x

Cupra
ISO 1600, lowest aperture and longest exposure... you could not have done anything more to get more light in anyway.
Considering how dark it must have been, I think you have exposed it pretty well.

You probably did it anyway, but whenever I am taking a long exposure, I stick the camera on the 10 second self timer so that it has settled properly between me pressing the button and the shutter opening. A remote control is better as you also get the bulb function but I can not be arsed to buy one for the one or two shots I might use it for.

Flame Red Delight
slightly out of focus mate and obviously you are trying something new but if you really want to learn more about night shots with long exposures then the best thing to do it try it with streetlighting and also use passing cars. I done this and i was happy with what i got for my first try. If you need anymore help drop me a pm and i can go into great depth if you would like :)