ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first HDR attempt

Monaco 172
go easy!

BCKGRND.jpg

EC_HDR.jpg

photographic_HDR.jpg

Pete

LY 182 FF CUPPED
looks a bit flat...try to boost the saturation slider up a touch, and maybe the microcontrast setting needs tweaking.

What software you using?

They all look a little flat. Had a play with the last one, brought the exposure back up and added some contrast, made it look more natural.

Edit: beaten to it, like that one, if your using photomatix run the tone mapping, should give a real good look.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 67
  Monaco 172
that dynamic HDR software, i have PS CS version 8 but it doesnt have the merge to HDR automate part. which i thought a bit strange?

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Looks like you got loads of dust/spots on your sensor mate, HDR looks Ok to me but I'm an amateur.:)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
pete when you run the tone mapping try some of the different preset modes such as ultra contrast as it will make the image look more dramatic.

LY 182 FF CUPPED

you are missing the point...HDR = HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
So you should be getting both detail in the shadows and in the highlights...this shot is too underexposed.

Re shoot it but with more stops...I often use 5 exposures.

Monaco 172
where is it most underexposed? the car ?

so take a few more photos even if the first one is ridiculously largely over exposed just so you can see the detail in the car more and foreground?

post up a few of yours? to give me a better idea, and yes ive searched on google aswell, but just to see what yours are like!