ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First service

I know about as much about mechanics, as David Cameron knows about hoodies; but I'm keen to learn something.
I'm going to service my (1.4 16v) ph1 clio myself, since I cant really afford to take it to a garage.

So far I've gathered I need: 5L of oil, Oil filter, Copper crush ring, air filter (possibly upgrade it to a cone/ induction? but which one?), and spark plugs. The latter I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Anything I've missed? any tips on how to get through this? :)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Stick to a standard air filter.

Best bet to check what the last service consisted of, you may not need spark plugs for instance. Oil, Oil filter, air filter, pollen filter (if it has one) and fuel filter (if its a servicable type) is what I would be changing, and maybe plugs if needed.

Do you have all the tools required? If not, by the time you have bought everything it is likely to cost you far more than a service at a garage.

Probably best.
I'll need to look at that really, but I can't imagine it had much. I've had the car since June and have put 10k miles on it already. I kinda just want to freshen her up for the summer and do the full job.

Personally- no. But my father or a friend will be housing me in their garage whilst I do so, and I'll have access to all their tools.

Does anyone have recommendations for Spark plugs for my car? Or i'll rely on Halfords search function and see what comes up...