ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Track Day Shoot

S4 Avant
Set the camera to take multiple shots when you hold the capture button down, rather than just one. That way you stand a better chance of getting at least one focused picture when you're panning.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you turn any sort of IS/VR whatever your lens has (if it does), this will make panning easier believe it or not, and slightly improve focus speed. IS is only useful for static shots using a low shutterspeed where you don’t want any camera shake at all.

And set the camera’s focus system to continuous focus, not sure what its called on Canon’s but it means that the focus will constantly adjust, so it will track the car.

But you can’t build rome in a day, it sounds very cliche but its true- practice makes perfect.

Set the camera to take multiple shots when you hold the capture button down, rather than just one. That way you stand a better chance of getting at least one focused picture when you're panning.

Not so sure about this, when starting out I personally found it beneficial to concentrate on a single shot. Scattering 3 or 4 shots in one pan isn't really teaching you anything. Even to this day I find it better to aim for one shot (and apart from anything else, it's far more rewarding).

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Some of the shots look good.. panning takes practice and lots of. for me I think this is your best shot -

8118646771_3f753253bd_z.jpg

Once you get the hang of it try even slower shutter speeds. I don't normally go above 1/100 when panning, but keep trying and be willing to waste lots of shots getting it right.

What are you editing the photos in? also are you shooting in raw.