ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted harnesses how do i get serv light out

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
Please help, I have taken out/ un-clipped the original seat belt retentioners out from my mk2 cup so that i could fit harnesses and now I have the serv and airbag light on at the dash, please help me to switch off/ reset etc...

(I really dont want to clip the retiontioners back in and fit them under the seat)

Thanx.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You cant - its a linked circuit. Once you have disconnected those wires it will disarm the complete airbag / safety system and the warning light on the dash will be permanently on. Unless you know a very good sparky that can bypass the circuit using a "clip" diagnostic, your stuck with it. Also you will have disconnected the seat air bags as well.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
and also the side seat airbags - problem is there built into the seat and you will have to undo the stitching to do that. Also the front seat belts have built in pre-tensioners so you will have to reconnect them as well. Personally i wouldnt bother and just leave the warning light on the dash.

O/S/F seat belt inertia reel
N/S/F seat belt inertia reel
O/S/F seat belt pretensioner
N/S/F seat belt pretensioner
O/S/F seat airbag
N/S/F seat airbag

This is a list of the circuits you have broke and that will need reconnecting are overiding on a clip to sort the problem out

182 Trophy 019/500
Caramel said:
no it doesnt
Oh, I have heard of cars fail due to this. We also have them fail at work. (I work for a main dealer, non renault and we sublet our MOT's out to a local testing station)

8 Electrical equipment
  • Switch on the ignition and check the operation of the horn.
  • Check the windscreen washers and wipers, examining the wiper blades; renew damaged or perished blades. Also check the operation of the stoplights.
  • Check the operation of the sidelights and number plate lights. The lenses and reflectors must be secure, clean and undamaged.
  • Check the operation and alignment of the headlights. The headlight reflectors must not be tarnished and the lenses must be undamaged.
  • Switch on the ignition and check the operation of the direction indicators (including the instrument panel tell-tale) and the hazard warning lights. Operation of the sidelights and stop-lights must not affect the indicators - if it does, the cause is usually a bad earth at the rear light cluster.
  • Check the operation of the rear foglight(s), including the warning light on the instrument panel or in the switch.
  • The ABS and airbag warning lights (as applicable) must operate as specified by the car maker. This usually means lighting up when the ignition is switched on, then going out and staying out.
Got from the below site.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Feature_MOTView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

I dunno if its right or not :S