ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting bucket seats a few Q`s

MKIII 138
hi,

gettin some buckets for my car soon i have a cup. what things do i need to look out for i.e airbags sensors, being a cup the car has no side airbags so will i suffer any problems maybe with the front airbags ?

could reno fit them for me ?

i put some new seats in mine yesterday, its a dynamique though, you may need to take out the seatbelts which i did... in fact you probably will, that can be quite fiddly. As your car doesnt have airbags in the side, then no worries about that, as i think the front ones wont be effected when playing about with seats. be warned though, you may need new subframes... and i had to go under the car to remove my seats.

good luck though, im sure therel look sweet.

andy.

MKIII 138
i think they will look ok but im going for cheaper more subtle ones the Cobra Clubmans cant afford those carbon fiber bat eared evo thingies

Ad

MK2 FRS
I still think you may have issues because the cup still has pre-tensioners on the seat belts. I was informed on here that reno could swicth them off, but my local renault dealer was unable to.

Megane 225 Arctic Blue
When I looked at doing this I was told the subframes you can buy would have mounting points for the pre-tensioners so it should just be a matter of unbolting them from the existing mountin points and re-attaching to the new subframes.

Andrew

MKIII 138
cool
for a short while il be running standard seat belts in fact maybe for a few months while i pluck up the courage to get harnesses

Renault could fit them wheather they would I'm not sure.
IF your keeping the normal belts then just plug the belts back in.
If you unplug the belts then the computer thinks your belted in all the time so if your not wearing the harness when/ if the airbag ever goes of it could do you more harm than good.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I have my airbag lights on since I put the recaros in. Any hints on where to stick the resistors ? ;)

rmccardal said:
I have my airbag lights on since I put the recaros in. Any hints on where to stick the resistors ? ;)
Two ways:
1) In the seat wiring loom stick a 1.8 to 4 ohm resister in the loom. (I'd pick a 2.2 or so as a good mid point resister). I know you'll ask now which wire I'll have a look at my drawings tomorrow, PM me as I won't remember.

2) Find someone with a Renault clip laptop and get them to check your computer so it thinks it doesn't have side airbags like the lower spec cars don't have hence it won't notice your airbags arn't present in the wiring. Try finding a freindly Renault dealer etc. Some dealers won't do this just to cover themselves as they are switching of part of the cars safety features (even though there not present).