ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting M3 wing mirrors???

Clio
Got a pair of M3 wing mirrors for my 2003 1.2 16v clio 2day, but dont have a clue how 2 fit them, anyone got a guide?? they are the manual ones!! need help asap guys, thanks!!

Punto/Clio GTT
helpful bunch.

is there any holes in the back of the wing mirror basecover for self tapping screws to go into?

i had to put a set on a corsa before and the fitment was pathetic, they didnt curve properly, they was disshaped, generally just poor quality.

ended up just bonding them on with sikaflex

BMW E46 330i Touring
I honestly don't know, but I'd imagine you have to unbolt the original mirror by removing the interior doorcard to reveal the bolts that's holding on the mirror.

Once unbolted, it should just pop off. Change over the mirror, reconnect all the relevant bits, and bolt back on.

Punto/Clio GTT
I honestly don't know, but I'd imagine you have to unbolt the original mirror by removing the interior doorcard to reveal the bolts that's holding on the mirror.

Once unbolted, it should just pop off. Change over the mirror, reconnect all the relevant bits, and bolt back on.

they aint a direct replacement.

you wont be using your old bolts, its a bodge job with m3 mirrors, with self tapping screws or bonding addhesive.

Clio

they aint a direct replacement.

you wont be using your old bolts, its a bodge job with m3 mirrors, with self tapping screws or bonding addhesive.

yea i can get the mirror off ok but then my problem is attaching the mechanism to move the mirror onto the M3 mirror, anyone know how 2 do this, (remove the large springs)?

you wont be using the clio mechanism on these, you should have some base plates specific to the clio.

Then the mirrors attach to those, are they electric M3 ones?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ok mate remove the old mirrors and all the wiring, be careful when taking out the temp sensor on the passenger side mirror. You should have and will need these new m3 mirrors and a set of baseplates made for the clio. Screw the mirror bit into the base plates. Line up the now joined baseplates where the old mirror used to sit and screw them in from behind. The old torx screws can be used if necessary screw them in and job jone. to change the position of the mirror you just have to do it by hand moving the mirror glass about until its right.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Why do people have to be so unhelpful at times. This forum is respected for the high quality technical advice - one of the big reasons i signed up. 50% of the replys on here were simply not required.

I could understand if he asked Should I put them on?

The silly comments should be kept for the more entertainment driven areas of this forum me thinks.

None
Dunno if theyre different from my mk1 but the fitment as absolute gash. The normal Clio mirrors should be held on by 2 bolt thingies and 3 torque screws each. The M3 mirrors have 3 bolts each than screw directly from the door into the mirrors. You may have to buy and use your own bolts. They just bolt in and thats it. There is also a good chance the base plates wont fit properly aswell. Car is so much better with the normal mirrors on tho tbh. M3 mirrors sit a bit high up, plus they dont bend in so if you hit something with them there is a good chance they will snap

BMW E46 330i Touring
Why do people have to be so unhelpful at times. This forum is respected for the high quality technical advice - one of the big reasons i signed up. 50% of the replys on here were simply not required.

Agreed, too many snobbish, unhelpful comments on here recently.

There are a lot of new members who join to have helpful advice and be part of the community and even though their plans may not be to everyone's tastes, there's no need for some of the comments.