ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting side repeaters?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Anyone offer a guide on how to replace my amber side repeaters for clear ones? (Mk2 Phase 1)

It may be an easy job, but I had a nightmare replacing my old Fiesta ones, so would appreciate some idiot-proof instructions to avoid a disaster!

:eek: Adam

Here goes...

Go and get a credit card (it doesnt accept debit cards)
Push the card behind the wingicator from the side and lever it out.
Shouldnt take too much persuasion.
Unclip the bulb holder
Replace with an orange bulb
Clip in the bulb holder
Clip in the wingicator
Admire your work.

The credit card method means you wont scratch your paint :)

Monaco Blue Mk2
I got some of ebay, but I had to file a couple of bits of plastic off the back to make them fit properly (easy enough).

To remove Amber ones - slide a blunt knife of flat head screwdriver from the top of the repeater and down the back. Prise them forward and slowly work the amber repeater out.

To seperate repeater from bulb twist the black bit on the back and the bulb will come out.

Slide the new cover on and twist back into place.

Push back into the hole on the wing.

Jobs a guddun

Tells you all this in the manual by the way, can't go wrong.

Blue4Ever said:
I got some of ebay, but I had to file a couple of bits of plastic off the back to make them fit properly (easy enough).

Tells you all this in the manual by the way, can't go wrong.

Properly fitting Renault ones don't come with a manual, but have the added advantage of fitting properly :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, cheers guys, about as easy as I thought it would be then!

Yeah, I've picked up some (hopefully) genuine Renault ones off Ebay so will investigate when they arrive. There were annoying little clips on the inside of the Fiesta ones which meant you had to use a load of brute force, against a flimsy wing, to wrench them out.

Monaco Blue Mk2
acrebo said:
Lol, cheers guys, about as easy as I thought it would be then!

Yeah, I've picked up some (hopefully) genuine Renault ones off Ebay so will investigate when they arrive. There were annoying little clips on the inside of the Fiesta ones which meant you had to use a load of brute force, against a flimsy wing, to wrench them out.

A little bit of force is required to prise the originals out but nothing major or risky. If you look at the back of it face on there is the oval of the actual repeater, and then a circular tube which the bulb and holder twist into. If there are two bits of plastic on both sides of the circular tube then you'll have to file one side of it off. Took me about 2 mins with a steak knife! lol

there are clips on the renault ones, but they're quite large... plus the 172 wings are pretty solid so shouldnt have a problem.

have a set of orange bulbs ready... the ones that are in there now are white (as i found out)

quick 10 minute job :)

Monaco Blue Mk2
fUbAr said:
there are clips on the renault ones, but they're quite large... plus the 172 wings are pretty solid so shouldnt have a problem.

have a set of orange bulbs ready... the ones that are in there now are white (as i found out)

quick 10 minute job :)

Yeah same here lol, mine have still got the white ones in two weeks later coz I'm too lazy to change them! lol. Gonna wait till I get some Silvervision esque ones (if they are even available!?)

Took me seriously about 3-4mins without changing the bulbs.