ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixed bucket install

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all,
Fitting buckets soon with cage/harness’s etc but I want to retain standard belt for driving to work. Looking at these:
BA2628D1-D278-4C63-97AA-55F0A6BD9365.png
Look suitable?
Also should I bolt it through the subframe/ floor here:
5E296E63-B26E-427C-87A2-A431DC43BE8F.jpeg

Any help appreciated. Cheers

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, that makes it even easier. Is there another buckle you could recommend or should I stick with that one?
Cheers

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I think LUKE do one, can't for the life of me find it though.
Sure a few on here have used a Peugeot 106 (iirc) rear buckle

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the input chaps.
The Peugeot buckles were my next port of call after trawling through threads but the cable buckle seems a much smarter option. I think I’ll go for those. Cheers

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
Any reason why you can't just mount the originals on the seat subframe?

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not sure to be honest. After trawling threads I don’t think anyone has done that? Would be ideal really to retain the pre tensioners etc to avoid dashboard lights. On the down side though my standard seats would then be worthless?
Cheers

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
yeah - was just thinking out loud really.. i'm going down the same route and have finally got round to fitting my buckets but want to retain the passenger seatbelt : makes sense i think to fit the original clip if possible but was wondering if this then caused issues for anyone! :)

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
I imagine some of the blokes on here could do it but there’s a good reason why nobody has done.
I’ve ordered a couple of wire rope buckles which I’m going to bolt to the side mounts hopefully.

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
If you’re after some, I have a set that I’m going to put up for sale that I have never used.. brand new - can get pictures tomorrow

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
These are what bought. Can sell them for 15 quid delivered if you’re interested - as I say they are brand new
4555B787-FD83-491F-A340-DDC51CDFC173.png

Clio 172
Think other kind of said it but make sure the buckle doesn’t side too high and causes a gap from the belt to your body. I’m sure that would be ‘fun’ if in an accident