ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing for cobra subframes

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
You not got the subframes then?

Depends what seats they are, and what sort of mounts...

Nope just making sure i can do the job - but ive been in touch with Cobra and they dont bother to supply any - as certain manufacture you can use the existing! but you cant on mine (05 cup)

Nikon D700
Well, i'd assume the current bolts would be used to mount the subframe to the car.

The seats come with bolts to attach to the side mounts (assuming your specing up good seats) Then I guess you only need bolts for mounting side mounts to the subframes... Which (from past experience) should come with bolts.

Side mounts are on the way to me, so i'll let you know if thats the case!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
strength is the key, 8.8 is medium, look for 10.9 for security

ones above I would guess are 8.8

10.9>
Made from alloy steel quenched, tempered, and zinc plated. Best for automotive use and other areas where high strength is needed.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
50mm - yes thanks Ben! Cobra are sorting some out for me as i Complained

Complaining ftw ;)

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
50mm - I take it these are for chassis to subframe fitment?
How about seat to subframe?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
year these are from frame to floor! :eek:

the seats should come with fixings to fit the seat to the frame ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cobra subframes are pikey. I had Daytonas fitted in my cup many moons ago (will post pics but photobucket is down) The welding is done by Stevie Wonder (tatty as f**k), the pre-tentioners/wiring are exposed. Also the seats squeek. They are cheap for a reason. Pop into Halfords for a look ;) Poor show. I flogged them on for some Recaro trendlines, proper o.e look and build :)