ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fk konigsport views

S2 106 GTI
peoples views on these? they would be going on my 172 cup, also the high sports too views anyone?

Last edited:
  Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I had the FK Konigsports on my 172. Quality item for the price. I found them too hard on the road, fine on track. Having spoken to FK direct I was told that the springs supplied as standard were 70Nm which is around 400lb. They do supply others which K-tec could get which are 50Nm which is around 280lb which I believe would be far better.
I sold mine and put a full Koni Adjustable kit on for less than £400 with lifetime warranty. Far better suited to fast road driving imo.

S2 106 GTI
^^^^ yeah i wouldn't be doing track days, maybe the odd time. but more fast road driving. i can get some fk highsports 2nd hand off a mate, and was thinking of getting these on my cup, i have been in his car with them on and the ride was hard but yet gave a little into corners, but its the ride height which looked the best! :)

Chocolate Bar™
I had the highsports on my 1.2, for what they cost were a brilliant set of suspension. As for the konigsports on a 172, i'll tell you after i've taken mine for a test drive tonight ;)

S2 106 GTI
I had the highsports on my 1.2, for what they cost were a brilliant set of suspension. As for the konigsports on a 172, i'll tell you after i've taken mine for a test drive tonight ;)

well i'm hopefully going to get highsports nxt month when its pay day, just wondering are they a good set up to have on the 172 cup. at the mo i have eibach sportlines,

yeah tell me later mark :)

Chocolate Bar™
not had them set up yet properly so couldnt tell you the true improvement, but so far i'm majorly impressed with them. Cars on the floor and still is ok to drive, handling seems pretty good so far too. Took a sneeky pic which will be posting later of the current ride height :approve:

S2 106 GTI
not had them set up yet properly so couldnt tell you the true improvement, but so far i'm majorly impressed with them. Cars on the floor and still is ok to drive, handling seems pretty good so far too. Took a sneeky pic which will be posting later of the current ride height :approve:

would you say the highsports would be a good buy? as in the driveability won't be fucked up, don't want to be boucing all over the place lol

Chocolate Bar™
i think joshwa172 the guy with the other sunflower has the highsport set, may be worth asking him. Depends if you want a soft ride or not really, as i've heard 172 highsports are quite harsh

S2 106 GTI
i think joshwa172 the guy with the other sunflower has the highsport set, may be worth asking him. Depends if you want a soft ride or not really, as i've heard 172 highsports are quite harsh

shake me to bits lol

Banana
I have highsports on my cup, and would recommend them, as long as they as set up right. Yes they are stiff, but you dont bounce all over the road. I dont think they are too harsh ( and I am sitting on a stiff bucket seat with very little cushioning).
Handling is spot on imo

Thee great value for money but not the exact top spec stuff then again for the price they are very very good.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Had highsports and konigsports...Wouldn't buy FK again. Impossible to set up, due to incorrect rear springs! FACT!

SLK 350
My old '72 on Konigs:

Personally I thought they were pretty good, got them on a groupbuy I sorted on here through Rimstyle though for £490 which was a good price (Gary @ Rimstyle maybe able to offer you a discount price). There was no issues that you'd not have with any other brand of coil for the 6 months I had them on it, usual tweaking issues after settling and the odd scrubbing but barring that IMO they are perfectly useable on the road if you're fond of a sharp firm handling motor.

No problems (regarding the back, I removed the rubber mounts and that gives you another 10mm or so of play to stop any coil bind).

IMGP0040.gif

SLK 350
Nope, all the way down means the bumper/splitter would be on the floor. Anything lower than that and it scrubbed with my 205's with passengers, and multi-storeys became impossible.

Back was fully down though.