ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FLASH FXP Help: Transferring Files To My Xbox

Clio DCi 65
I'm trying to transfer some video's over to my Xbox so that I can watch them on my TV rather than on my crappy laptop.

I'm running the Evo X dashboard on it (Original Xbox) and I'm trying to use FLASH FTP to transfer the files over.

It doesn't seem to be connecting properly and so it's not letting me access any the folders on the Xbox's HDD.

My xbox IP is : 192.168.1.1

How can i transfer files? Do i need to adjust my Laptops IP details or anything like that!?

Any help would be great!

Clio DCi 65
My xbox is connected to my laptop, but at the moment my Xbox is on although my laptop isn't showing a LAN connection to it, is this because I'm using an ethernet/crossover cable!? Not done this in about 3 years so Im clueless!

It might need to be a crossover cable for the link to work. alternatively plug them both into a hub/switch. The ip of the laptop will need to be similar to the xbox ie 192.168.1.2

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Will need to use a xover cable to do what you're suggesting, with the equipment you have.

Do this:

Set the IP of the PC's network card to 192.168.1.1

Within the Xbox, set it's IP to 192.168.1.2, with a gateway of 192.168.1.1

Should let it connect that way