ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing EML light when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 182
on my 04 clio 182 after 2-3 minuits of the car ticking over the EML light starts flashing but then i start driving again it goes off the idle of the car is quite lumpy but ive been told thats just renault sports have lumpy idles just seeing if anybody else has this problem or if anyone has any suggestions my temperature sensor dosnt work im having that sorted could that have anything to do with it ? the car idles between lowest 500rpm's - highest 1200rpms ? but then stable's out at 900-1000rpms

BG V6, LY 182
If your on about the light in the bottom right hand corner of the dash, it flashes when there is potential to cause harm to the cat. So Id investigate asap.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Could be a load of different things. Instead of clutching at straws and replacing parts which could be in good working order, get it scanned.

Mine was flashing, lumpy idle, really low on power and sounded like a tractor. Got it scanned, turned out it was one of the injectors, replaced it and now it's as good as new!

clio 182
If your on about the light in the bottom right hand corner of the dash, it flashes when there is potential to cause harm to the cat. So Id investigate asap.
yes thats the light so you recommend not to drive like i say it only flashes when idle for 2-3 minuits

clio 182
it's an injector, use a code reader that isn't crap.
lol nice way to put it so an injector * should * solve the problem my friends car was excatly the same as mine and his problem was injector number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.