ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flickr are shite.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Now I know a few months ago there was that photographer that his entire collection wiped in error, and this isn't as bad. But it's still VERY annoying.

No matter what I do, they will not take my money. I cannot pay. I try and try to enter my details (which I've double checked 20 times over) but It just keeps throwing and error. I then tried paypal, and again it didn't work. Yet the money left my bank (via paypal). After a few emails between me and someone at yahoo support, I got this. Basically everything I've already tried 3 times over.

Hello Jason.Easton,

Thank you for your recent email inquiry regarding Flickr Billing.

We appreciate your patience with the verification process. I understand
that you are seeing charges on your PayPal account when you upgraded
your Flickr account to pro but still your account has not yet been
upgraded. I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused
you. I am glad to assist you with your concern.

I have checked our records and confirmed that your transactions using
credit card and PayPal have not gone through. I understand that these
appear as pending on your account, rest assured that these amounts will
not be collected nor processed on your account. You may expect these to
fall off within seven to ten business days depending on PayPal or on
your credit card issuer.

To confirm all the transactions that have processed to your account,
please see your online billing statement at the link below:

https://billing.yahoo.com/

Please take into consideration the reason why we can't accept your
PayPal and credit card transactions:

In all cases, you must have a funding source" attached to your PayPal
account, regardless of the amount of money in your PayPal account. This
could be a checking account, a credit card, or country specific payment
methods. However, please note that the payment will be deducted from
your PayPal account (not the other funding source), assuming the amount
($24.95) is available in the PayPal account.

If the problem persists, the best thing to do is contact PayPal
directly. They will have the specifics on exactly what happened in their
servers on that transaction, and why you are seeing that message. You
can visit Paypal's help pages at:

https://www.paypal.com/help

The possible reason why we can't accept your Visa card transactions, is
there was a problem with the address you have provided in your Yahoo!
Wallet. Please contact your credit card issuer to resolve the issue.

To check your credit card information, please go to Yahoo! Wallet at:

http://billing.yahoo.com

To sign up immediately, please try a different credit card or PayPal to
subscribe. To add a credit card to your Yahoo! Wallet, go to:

http://billing.yahoo.com

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to
contact us again.

Thank you again for contacting Flickr Billing.

Regards,

Jenny

Yahoo! Customer Care

For assistance with all Yahoo! services please visit:

http://help.yahoo.com/

Replied now saying I've tried all this to no avail. A friend of mine is having the same problem too. I have enough money in my paypal account, I have enough money in my bank. All the details are correct, tried both my cards.

/craprantiscrap.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
After 2 weeks of back and forth between us, they've stopped replying now. f**king outraged! They have my money, still haven't upgraded my account. This is ridiculous!

I didn't actually read any of that but have they got a number or cant you get a refund from the credit card ?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
They've refunded me twice now. They just can't seem to get my account from Standard to Pro. I don't understand!

Have you changed address since you got that card? If you haven't changed the address on the account and It doesn't match the address you have given they won't take payment. I had this when my card was registered at my mum and dads.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Have you changed address since you got that card? If you haven't changed the address on the account and It doesn't match the address you have given they won't take payment. I had this when my card was registered at my mum and dads.
Gone all through this, the payment actually goes through but the account won't upgrade. It's in the hands of their engineers now apparently.

Maybe its because your photos are s**t.

Cheers then.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
f**k SAKE!

So they gave me a big list of things to try AGAIN and once more they do not work. So I emailed them, saying it didn't work. The reply? 2 Reasons it may not work (2 more things to try rectify) 2 things they've already asked me to f**king TRY!.

Therefore, I'm bored of formal emails and s**t and replied with...
I mean, REALLY? You have to be shitting me.

We've been through this, it's not the source of payment as I've tried all the options you offer. And it's not my Bank account either. Can't you just accept the payment that's currently pending with paypal and upgrade me to pro?

Bus w**ker
Therefore, I'm bored of formal emails and s**t and replied with...
If you replied to me with that, no matter how irate, you'd get blacklisted instantly and never ever get any more support at all.

If you're getting no where with first or second line support then either do as Derelict-UK says and use the f**king phone or write a formal letter/email of complaint to the customer service manager stating clearly what the situation is, methods you have tried to resolve the problem and provide evidence to back up your story. Don't be surprised if he tells you to f**k off now though, I would...and I'd perma ban you from the site too.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Re: Flickr are s**te.

LOL at Sym0n. I get customers become more irate over the tiniest things (e.g a guy threatened me and my boss with a large tyre lever because we wouldn't return something without a receipt), you've obviously never worked in retail and obviously will never be able to as you'd punch every c**t that came through the door!

I love there reply though, just told me it must be a problem with paypal. Even though I have stated it happens when I try ANY payment method. Jokers! Still, I've emailed PayPal and explained the situation. Funny thing is now I don't have enough in my bank to pay it (Seeing as it's the end of the month and all) so I won't be able to sort it 'till next month again anyway.

Also, I've been searching for ages and can't find any support numbers to ring. It's all "FAQ's" and "Email Support" Which I've exhausted already. Has anyone got a number?

Sy is right to be fair.

If someone comes into Halfords and talks to you like a normal person, is calm, explains everything, then you're far more likely to help them, than the tyre lever guy.

You just made yourself sound like a petulant child and wouldn't be surprised if you don't get any help at all.

Yahoo own flickr. So you could try them. 02071311000

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sy is right to be fair.

If someone comes into Halfords and talks to you like a normal person, is calm, explains everything, then you're far more likely to help them, than the tyre lever guy.

You just made yourself sound like a petulant child and wouldn't be surprised if you don't get any help at all.

Yahoo own flickr. So you could try them. 02071311000

True enough, but I wasn't that bad. Either way they are taking the f**king piss now! 7 emails back and forth of just the same routine.

Bus w**ker
you've obviously never worked in retail and obviously will never be able to as you'd punch every c**t that came through the door!
This is true on both counts, I have however worked in IT support and a very volatile area of public sector work. Anyone that talks to me like a piece of s**t or without respect, especially when I'm just doing my job, gets no help from me and in the majority of cases a much higher level of abuse and disrespect back.

I do refrain from physical violence though, but only because that would 100% get me sacked and possibly sent down, and I'm far too pretty for prison.

True enough, but I wasn't that bad. Either way they are taking the f**king piss now! 7 emails back and forth of just the same routine.

You've got the number now, so ring.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Both my mobile and the home phone are broke. FFSnake. Lifes not easy for Jason.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
as it is a local (020 - London) number, you can pay 60p from a telephone box and get 30mins worth or talk from it.