ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flood Damage??

Renault Clio 172
HELP! Went through a flooded lane ( water was up to the door mouldings) this morning and ive now notice something hanging from the bottom of my clio. Its a piece of foam with a black plastic lining. Does anyone know wat this is and is it important as i dont want to pull it off it is something which is important to the car.
Feed back appreciated

erm, if it was up to the door mouldings i'd be checking under the mats etc for signs of water.

with regards to the black thing, no idea, only plastic things under the car i can think of are the engine tray and erm, not much else. check under the front end see if it looks like soemthing is missing.

Renault Clio 172
the car is running perfectly and ive had no problems today driving so all is well there. the black piece of plastic is very similar to a black bin bag so not sure wat this the foam and black plastic are for to be honest

mite not even be something from your car then, no black plastic bag type objects anywhere i know of. plastic i still think could be engine tray or wheel arch liners etc

running fine isnt what i worry about, if it was up past the bottom of the doors, to the mouldings then it would be realying on the seals to keep all the water out, which on a clio, i wouldnt trust. i'd check the carpets just to be on the safe side. least if it is wet you can let it air and dry instead of going mouldy and smelling rank.

there's a piece of foam that's in a black plastic 'bag' that sits in the engine undertray (sound-deadening probably) - sounds like that

Renault Clio 172
thats wat it sounds like, ive got about 6 to 10 inches hanging out at the the bottom. is it worth trying to put it back or just getting rid???

Renault Clio 172
just got under the car and it was a foam lining for the bottom engine tray/guard. Took the guard off and re position the lining and put tray back on so all is well, cheers fella!