ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flood... Now Water Sloshing

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Hi

on the way home from work today I had to go down some country lanes, and the weather was really nice..
Then the heavens opened and it absolutely hammered it down, and it flooded all around me on all the roads more or less instantly, so i had no choice but to keep driving.
The water got about up to just above my lower grill on my front bumper, maybe higher as theres all sticks stuck in my headlights too.

My engine and exhuast was steaming like buggery, but luckily the car kept going (unlike the punto and 206 abandoned in the middle of the road!)

Now the car seems to be driving ok, but i can hear water all running around somewhere in the car when i turn, or accelerate and brake.

I've had a look round inside and out of the car, but cant see any pools of water, i thought maybe its gone up the exhaust, but thought wouldnt the car cut out if it did?

Any ideas?

The car's a 182 BTW.

Thanks, Mike

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Might be sloshing about in the back boxes , take it for a good blast and see if it evaporates .

MKIII 138
another clio + point is that its ok in fords of water but know i have a lower grill intake pipe im always wary of my engine taking big gulps of water (it is a fully vertical pipe though)

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I know yeah, i had a mate in the car as well, should have got him to take some pics or something!

The land rover in front of me must have being pi$$in themselves at everyone else, they were tanking it through it!

Cam

182 Cup
As said above give it the once over, if you cant see anything take it for a good old thrashing.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Well theres no water inside, ive given the car a good clean today and been up and down the motorway, and the sloshings gone, so maybe it was in the back box.

Lucky bugger lol

172 mk2...with clima
Mike-bham said:
Well theres no water inside, ive given the car a good clean today and been up and down the motorway, and the sloshings gone, so maybe it was in the back box.

Lucky bugger lol

until, in about six months, the exhaust turns to dust from the inside!

sounds like you were lucky as well. It also sounds fun :D

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Hmmmm, now a few days on my car really stinks inside, kinda like gone off milk, maybe water has got in somewhere.... cant find any though, oh and something makes a lovely squeal noise, bit like a fan belt slipping when i start the car now....

Trophy #473
maybe it has got inside the sills as that happened on my mk1 when i went through deep water. i know yours is a 182 but just a suggestion

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
yeah that very possible, a mate of mine said it was probably in the chassis rails or sub frame or something, strange how it smells in the car though.

BMW 320d SE
Doesn't water leak into the cabin at the back, near the back seat cushions on certain clios? If so, it could have soaked the car inside and given it that musty smell.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I have heard of a few doing that, so that ws one of the first places i checked. But appeared to be fine.
Anyway the smell's gone now, so i'll just hope for the best!