ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flow Flex Dogbone

172 / 996 / Z3
Any experience of these??
The large bush is single part (a think Powerflex are two part) so I’m not sure how easily it’ll be to push onto the mount.
Any tips???!

monaco 172
Looks to me like it just pushes in from one side and then you press in the metal tube, similar to ppwerflex but in one part.

I'd just get ppwerflex to be fair, tried and tested for years, I've never heard of flow flex

172 / 996 / Z3
I wish I’d asked here before I bought the bloody thing!
Had a go yesterday with various ‘pulling methods’ (no not that sort) but no joy.
I think I need to file more of a chamfer on the aluminium housing to start with.

monaco 172
Yeh you shouldbt need to file anyway, just drill out the old rubber, cut the outer ring with a hacksaw and then the old bush will tap out.

Then for the new one just push it in and then press the metal tube in

172 / 996 / Z3
The old bush and steel ring is out.
The problem with this one (rather than the Powerflex one) is the large bush is one piece, so you have a lip on each side, so it doesn’t just hand push in from each side.
I’ll try and put a photo up to explain.

406 V6, Race Buggy
For mine I just file a small chamfer on to stop them digging in when they're pushed in - some housings already have one, some don't for some reason.

172 / 996 / Z3
It’s done! Proper ball ache to get the bush in, from as ease of installation, the two piece Powerflex items must be far easier.