ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FLUSHED TAILGATE!!!!

Hello everybody...has anybody had their new style clio flushed at the back...if so have you any pics....i am looking for a bodyshop in sheffield that can do it anybody know anyone that can and what the prices may be.....looking for as many contacr numbers as possible..

Thanks

Heres my smooth arse:

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/nedbeard/smooth.jpg

I had a plate welded over the reg recess and lock to create the smoothed effect. A solenoid was then fitted to pop the boot open.

Dont try it with fibreglass or filler as it will eventually look crap (saw a megane with a fibre-filled tailgate yesterday and the fibreglas had come loose, cracked and popped out - very nasty!)

As for garages in UK, no idea mate.

Cheers ..... thanks to both of you for the advise..nedbeard your car looks the dogs b****cks....got to go in a magazine surely......Anymore advise would be appreciated

Thanx

The rear bumper is a combination of the original and a rieger valance for a fiat bravo, shortened, bonded and fibreglassed to it. The plate recess is an aftermarket fibreglass jobbie. I removed the original licence plate light and fitted it to the new one.
The skirts are also bravo items, from the abarth kit (fibreglass copys), shortened and bonded to to car.

Theres a full spec sheet for the car in the "other clios" gallery if you need to know more details (its a bit long).

Ned.

Have 2 say Rieger do some v nice stuff, I was looking at the rear apron 4 the corsa 2 get 4 mine. Looks like v good quality aswell.