ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flushing Coolant System - Residual Water

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

Bit of a random one this, I have a small leak from one of the hoses and they are all looking pretty tired to be honest so I have new silicone hoses and clamps coming this week.

The question I have is that I intend to flush the rad and the block with water to clear all the old coolant out, once I have done this do I need to them somehow clear the water out so as not to contaminate the new coolant or do you just accept a small amount of contamination?

Cheers

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I've never blown any of the residual water out of mine and I've done it over 10 times easily 😲 Maybe i should of, but never had an issue.

I Just followed the manual.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 15.37.06.png

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above give it a blowjob. Usually loads of extra shite comes out of the matrix, rad and block when you do it so its worth doing. It also doesnt matter if you dont get all of the water out with normal coolant. Only need it fully drained if using fancy stuff.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
As above give it a blowjob. Usually loads of extra shite comes out of the matrix, rad and block when you do it so its worth doing. It also doesnt matter if you dont get all of the water out with normal coolant. Only need it fully drained if using fancy stuff.

Using Type D coolant - is that fancy?!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
From experience on the clios and megs, when you open the thermostat housing bleed bolt you can watch the water turn from clear to green when bleeding, so you know exactly when most of the water is out. Just keep topping the header tank up whilst bleed is open until its pissing a nice stream of green.