ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS Starts Production.

Mk2 172
Looks like a nice bit of kit. Sure it will be a highly successful car but not so sure on the 'porsche bothering pace'!!! hmmmmmm :S

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Would deffinately be looking at one of these when my Audi comes up for renewal!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Looks like a nice bit of kit. Sure it will be a highly successful car but not so sure on the 'porsche bothering pace'!!! hmmmmmm :S

Under 6 seconds to 60 and 155mph is pretty close to porsch bothering pace,i would of thought.

Mk2 172
Under 6 seconds to 60 and 155mph is pretty close to porsch bothering pace,i would of thought.

Maybe a boxster but then again thats not really a porsche. And its quite a step away from a 997 911!!

Ps. im not trying to cause a dispute im simply saying i thought the comment was a tad strange

FFS 'pace' doesn't have to mean pub figure straight line performance. Considering one mag found the R26.R could hold its own against a Cayman S on the right roads, it's reasonable to asume this will do the same or even better. Is a Cayman S a real Porsche? Also did the artcile say "997 Turbo pace"?

Cliosport and the bloody pub numbers crack me up ;)

Mk2 172
FFS 'pace' doesn't have to mean pub figure straight line performance. Considering one mag found the R26.R could hold its own against a Cayman S on the right roads, it's reasonable to asume this will do the same or even better. Is a Cayman S a real Porsche? Also did the artcile say "997 Turbo pace"?

:eek: ok roy

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think,for a ford and FWD,it will upset a lot of expensive badges and send some home with there tail between there legs.

On the road there isnt a massive difference between 4wd and fwd.

So a new evo X may have its work cut out

Maybe

Mk2 172
I think,for a ford and FWD,it will upset a lot of expensive badges and send some home with there tail between there legs.

Maybe

Yeah ill go with that.

Mk2 172
What? You mean all this time i have seen porka badges on Boxters... and its not really a Porsche!?

Crazy world we live in eh.

Not a proper porsche as im sure milllions will agree. The only reason you have a boxster is because u cant afford a 911. (clarkson said that not me lol) but i agree with him! Im not in anyway saying a boxster s is a bad car cos it isnt and ive driven one and thought it was great but its not a proper porsche.

Anyway back to the focus :)

I am looking forward to seeing a focus RS on the road.

They look awesome in the flesh. So so squat and with a purpose. In pics they can look chavved up, but the one I saw in silver gave me a third leg. Fantastic looking machine :approve:

I thought that said: Gayman's instead of Cayman s for a second.

Any "S" series Porsche will have the Focus licked. Focus has too much power for a front wheel drive car. Would rather buy a R26.R

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Too much power how,

Ive heard its totally drivable.Plus it has a specially developed limited slip differential with automatic torque biasing developed in the UK by Quaife. Together with Ford’s so-called RevoKnuckle suspension – basically a tweaked MacPherson strut set-up – the system supposedly limits torque steer and maximises traction to make 4x4 unnecessary.

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
thats just a assumption that 300bhp and fwd is too much, it has diffs and things to sort out out like the r26-R

Exotica/MK1 Astra

Maybe

There is a huge difference between fwd and 4wd even on the road, i've owned and driven a large number of cars would take 4wd over fwd for absolute pace point to point anytime, especially in the wet.
I've no doubt the RS will push a few higher priced cars (hence why i have one on order :D) but a good 4wd car will be quicker point to point. Straight line motorway drags maybe not but the twisty stuff definatley!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
You have one on order you say?

Oh I must have been ignoring you when you told me that ;)

MCS R56
Some people don't half talk s**t sometimes.

Couldn't agree more.

The Boxter comments are complete bollox. The Boxter and Caymen are fantastic cars and are REAL Porsches.

The Ford looks okay, maybe trying too hard as per VXR. I'm sure it will be capable though.

Any "S" series Porsche will have the Focus licked. Focus has too much power for a front wheel drive car. Would rather buy a R26.R

Ahh ok cool. Thanks for the info mate. Out of interest, what colour was the one you drove?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There is a huge difference between fwd and 4wd even on the road, i've owned and driven a large number of cars would take 4wd over fwd for absolute pace point to point anytime, especially in the wet.
I've no doubt the RS will push a few higher priced cars (hence why i have one on order :D) but a good 4wd car will be quicker point to point. Straight line motorway drags maybe not but the twisty stuff definatley!

With todays technology i dont agree with that line of thinking anymore.Otherwise for would of gone down the more expensive 4wd route.

astra coupe on coilovers

how do you work that out ? and the r26r hasnt ? they both have lsd witch will help put the power down

Exotica/MK1 Astra
With todays technology i dont agree with that line of thinking anymore.Otherwise for would of gone down the more expensive 4wd route.

I think you've answered you own question there perfectly. Ford didn't go 4x4 because of costs. Economies of scale drove a high performance fwd powertrain package rather then go with the current thinking in the automotive world is that 4wd offers superior outright grip and rwd is the package for a true sports car.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think you've answered you own question there perfectly. Ford didn't go 4x4 because of costs. Economies of scale drove a high performance fwd powertrain package rather then go with the current thinking in the automotive world is that 4wd offers superior outright grip and rwd is the package for a true sports car.

Why is it so costly,doesnt it share the same floorpan as the volvo wich has a 4wd version.

TrackCar & F30 330d
My mate has been going on and on and on and on and on and (you get the idea) about the new RS. He has been saving his pennies for a while and his dad works for ford so gets 30% off.
He currently has a Festa ST and still thinks his car would beat my 182 round a track.
Even when i tell him that having more weight and less power isnt a good thing he still goes on.
So when march comes he will no doubt have one of the early ones.
Watch this space.