ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog light bulbs

Elf

Clio 172 cup
Both my fog lights are now out
How do you replace the bulbs
Can I pull the lights out or do we have to struggle behind the bumper?

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
NON-RS Clios are a behind the bumper job, which is not that difficult, I can do mine in about 5 minutes by undoing the bumper or you can do it jacking up the car which I find more difficult and dangerous...

Renault Clio 182 Silver
It's easy. I installed the "cool blue" bulbs for my 182. The bulb type is the H11 12w 55w btw. I also installed blue park light globes. :D
I have taken some pics of the process.

The cool blue bulbs are 100w opposed to the 55w standard ones, so they are much stronger.
The cool blue bulb next to the standard one:
1BothLights.jpg

I jacked up the car and could immediately see the fog light's fitting:
2Wheel.jpg

I just turned it and the whole thing came out. You just clip out the bulb. The passengar side is the same, except you first have to remove a cover to get to it. That is just 2 screws at the bottom of the bumper:
3Lightfitting.jpg

This is what the cool blue light looks light compared to the standard one. You can't really see the full effect as it's in dailight and phone quality camera:
4Fogcomp.jpg

The following pics was also taken with my phone, but you can have an idea what it looks like...
This pic is with just the blue park lights on:
5Bluepark.jpg

All the lights on. This looks awesome at night. The blue park lights goes very well with the Xenons. The fog lights also looks much better than the yellowish standard ones.
6AllLights.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Google images brings me here. So thanks to 'Dewalt' for taking the time to put those pics up above. It was a big help in finding out how to fit new fog light bulbs.

I've knocked up a little how to guide, with some additional pics, on changing Clio fog light bulbs that might benefit others in the same predicament when it comes to fitting or changing them next time around.

0.jpg

0a.jpg

1-8.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-6.jpg

6-6.jpg

7-6.jpg

8-6.jpg

9-7.jpg

10-2.jpg

8a.jpg

11-2.jpg

12-2.jpg
A pleasing result. :D

Renault Clio 4, 2016
It's easy. I installed the "cool blue" bulbs for my 182. The bulb type is the H11 12w 55w btw. I also installed blue park light globes. :smiley:

where did you get the blue park/sidelights from please? - they look like halogen bulbs, but the sidelights are 5w capless wedge bulbs - so is it a 5w capless wedge halogen blue bulbs you managed to get hold of?
Thanks