ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog light dash light flickering

I have to leave for work at 5 am and it has been cold and damp which i dont know if it makes any difference but yesterday the dash light for the fog lights came on and sort of flickered for a few seconds but it wasnt as bright as it would be if the fogs were on,then this morning it did the same thing again but it flashed with the indicators but only did it for a few seconds,anyone have any idea why or if the could be a problem with electrics ect,thanks

RB 182 Cup
Possibly moisture in the rear lamp clusters shorting across to the fog lamp circuit.

Mine did this occasionally and had the usual leaking grommets in the boot.

I Fixed the leaking grommets and the flickering fog lamp indicator hasn't come back since. Might just be coincidence.

RB 182 Cup
When you open the hatch, there are two. They about the size of a 10p piece, black and are next to the rear light clusters.

Feel behind these to see if there is slight dampness, but you will only notice this if there has been a reasonable amount of rain.

I just pushed them out from the inside, put a dab of silicon sealant on them and pushed them back in.

both my 172 and 182 did this. when ever you use another light e.g brake light, indicators the fog light on the dash lights up aswell :S duno why though