ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog light when braking

Clio 182 Trophy
When I brake my fog light on the dash flickers on and off. Sometimes it's very faint and others its fully on. My gf has a 53 plate 1.2 Clio and it does it too. Any ideas what it is? Obviously it's an electrical fault somewhere but anything more specific would be helpful.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its been covered a fair few times mate. It will be inside your driver's side rear light cluster. Remove light from car...unclip the inner and then file the connections so that the rust has gone. Wd40 it and connect up. It will be worse when you are indicating with foot on brake. It will only get worse, get it sorted or else you will be indicating with your rear side light!!!

Its been covered a fair few times mate. It will be inside your driver's side rear light cluster. Remove light from car...unclip the inner and then file the connections so that the rust has gone. Wd40 it and connect up. It will be worse when you are indicating with foot on brake. It will only get worse, get it sorted or else you will be indicating with your rear side light!!!
Agreed. I had this too.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok i have done what was suggested and the problem is still there... is there anything else that could cause this?

renault clio 1.4 16v
did you clean the earth contacts in the inside off the boot behind the carpet, mine did the same as well as when in reverse, cleaned both rear light clusters and the earth and the flicker on the dash was sorted... clean the actual plug that goes to the cluster as well

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I removed the drivers side rear light unplugged it and looked at the connections. There was what looked like rust connecting two of the connections together and i was sure this was the problem, so i went at it with the wire brush and removed it... but the problem was still there...?
Where are the earth conecctions?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It's generally the earth light in the NS light that causes it, you need to also make the connectors tighter.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Earth lines for the rear lights are in the boot behind the carpets below the skrew that holds the cluster in