ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog Light Wiring

Clio 1.4 RT
I bought some fogs for my Clio Mk2 Ph1 but there is no wires on the car to connect up the fogs, is there somewhere i can buy this wiring?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yeah the wiring should be there u just gotta find it, i believe you can also just swap the stalk to one iwth the double foglight switch and the switch will work, best to find someone with a clio with fog lights and trace his wiring to the loom work as well

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
its probably just a small 2 pin connector simewhere near the fron of the car, then get the rest of the wiring from renault and just plug it in

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
i was under the impression that some models did not come with the wiring in place..?

All models came with the front wiring in place, i.e lights to car.

Not all models came with the wiring for the stalk to work to turn the lights on.

LY 182
it will be in the loom. theres a 4 pin plug on the n/s of the car behind the bumper, you will then need the short section of loom that goes in the bumper that leads from this 4 pin plug to the 2 lights

then you need the stalk

?
Oh I have this wiring somewhere! But once u buy the stalk, does it just plug in to what the existing stalk is plugged into? does it then work?

LY 182
highly doubt it as the fog wiring isnt in a seperate section of loom its in with the lighting circuit

?
AMAZING! ill just fit the foglights and wiring from the bumper side tomorrow then and hopefully get a new stalk soon. You have made my day Ditz. cheers :)

?
it will be in the loom. theres a 4 pin plug on the n/s of the car behind the bumper, you will then need the short section of loom that goes in the bumper that leads from this 4 pin plug to the 2 lights

then you need the stalk

Any idea where this is? any pics?

Nissan 350z
I bought a Mk2 Ph1 Foglight kit with all the wiring, relays, stalk, fogs etc off ebay for £60 + £10pnp.

Believe me, looking at the contents of the kit i got theres more to this than merely "plugging in some existing cable". The instructions that Renault supply are also clear as mud, ive seen Lego instructions more in depth than this.

If its any help i guess i could scan them in for you but i doubt its going todo much good. But at least you will get an idea of parts/part numbers of whats needed the official way?

Clio 1.4 RT
I bought a Mk2 Ph1 Foglight kit with all the wiring, relays, stalk, fogs etc off ebay for £60 + £10pnp.

Believe me, looking at the contents of the kit i got theres more to this than merely "plugging in some existing cable". The instructions that Renault supply are also clear as mud, ive seen Lego instructions more in depth than this.

If its any help i guess i could scan them in for you but i doubt its going todo much good. But at least you will get an idea of parts/part numbers of whats needed the official way?

Thanks that would be alot of help mate

Clio 1.4 RT
And thanks for replying guys ill give it another go tomorrow but i was there for a good hour taking the bumper off tryna find the wires.
If all else fails, ill take it to renault :dapprove:

Nissan 350z
Its in the boot at the moment; i managed the standard > sport (dual headlight) conversion today but only had time to fit the fogs and none of the wiring.

I'll try and scan them tomorrow and reply here with a link or failing that Monday evening at the latest if you can wait :)

?
Please keep this post updated and if you can scan those instructions / post up the pictures! Ive got foglights and some wiring but i think i just need the stalk side now! Will install the foglights tomorrow hopefully!

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
I bought a fog light pair off eBay with the loom between the two. these plug in the passenger side plug which was behind the bumper.
Then I bought a new stalk and fitted it but still no joy. There is no fuse holder in the fusebox I found out so im hoping the intructions will tell me what I need and where - im guessin the wiring behind the dash with a relay/fuse etc :(

Nissan 350z
Ok fellow Mk2 Ph1 Clio owners; as promised here are Renaults "official" instructions that come with the foglight kit. And as warned its not exactly clear to follow so a copy of the Haynes manual is highly recommeded:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
(the above are hosted on a free imageshack account so if bandwidth is exceeded theres not much i can do)

From what i gather there are 2 different versions of Clios. As you can see by Page3 some Clios have the wiring ready and others that dont need todo some extra stuff with the parts included. The kit also contains 2 different stalk controls which again backs up this hunch of their being 2 different variations of Clios.

So far ive only fitted the fogs on Saturday and havent tackled the wiring yet but i imagine i will have it done by the end of April so i will update you guys with anything extra i encounter.

Hope this helps! :approve:

sargara cheers for bothering to do that its very helpful (I think) - good old renault for instructions!
ours has the loom behind the bumper so from that diagram I should follow F2 and G2 which is just popping the relay in i guess? ours is a ph2 though so ill need to find the location of the relay and which type to buy.

thanks again

Nissan 350z
Np dirtydog!

Like i warned the instructions arent exactly clear! Ive seen Lego manuals more in depth :)

From Page2 it looks like those are Renault part numbers? If you went to a dealership and told them the Ph1 part num perhaps they could point you in the direction of the Ph2 equivilant?

right I had a quick look earlier - ther is a group of 4 relays in the engine bay but only 3 are populated.
2 say "20 240 041" which are 40A and 1 says "03540" which is 60A. Any idea if I should try one of these first to see as I reckon the gap is for the fogs.
cheers