ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog lites not working!!!

Hey guys, heres the situ:

I have been using my fogs plenty as its VERY foggy up here in Lincs. but I turned them on the other nite and nothing happened. the green light on the display didnt show, and the lites arent on. the rear is fine - its just the front.

Checked the fuse - AOK. Im assuming its the switch as the dash lite isnt on.

Before I rip the car apart, does anyone have any experience or ideas?

no experience - just an idea

my guess would be youre right about the switch, unless its the same switch that operates the back.

Audi S3

yea i had a similar problem mine just stoped working a while ago but the light comes on on the dash but the lights dont! rears are fine just the fronts that dont work!

not the fuse or bulbs and the wireing behind the lights looks fine!

matt

clio 20v

only other thing to check, is the relay is energising, i dont know wether that puts a supply to the dash light or not

adi

Cheers guys, will have a lok at the relay.

Its a seperate switch from the rear. a new switch from Renault costs £77.73 - what a joke!

clio 20v

also according to the wiring diagram there is another fuse for the fog lights in the engine bay have you checked this one

adi

clio 20v

erm at a guess under the glovebox or in the engine bay id have to have a look

but ive not had a proper look yet but the only feed out of the switch is for the relay so if the dash light is on the switch and relay must be working, if the dash light isnt on the relay or switch is suspect

matt have you checked there is 12v at the engine bay fuse just stick a 12v bulb in to earth or summat, if there is power the fault must be in the wiring or at the units themselves or maybe both bulbs, if no power the fault is further back

adi

cHECK THE RELAY AND THE FUE BOX IN THE ENGINE BAY THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM WATER SEEPS IN STUPID PLACE FOR A FUSE BOX