ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all you FWD handles better than RWD

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok you can now officially put this in your pipes and smoke it lol...

btw the driver of the integra is prob the best diver in japan... if not the world, the guy is VERY good including racing in jgtc and lemans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8dPmia-fQ&mode=related&search=

the silvia is heavier than the dc2 both have similar power... and the driver in the silvia is a drifter not a racer... though he grew up doing touge racing so knows how to drive...

rwd OWNS fwd HA!

and before you clioboys get upset the teggy pisses on a clio for handling lol

Last edited:
ok you can now officially put this in your pipes and smoke it lol...

btw the driver of the integra is prob the best diver in japan... if not the world, the guy is VERY good including racing in jgtc and lemans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8dPmia-fQ&mode=related&search=

the silvia is heavier than the dc2 both have similar power... and the driver in the silvia is a drifter not a racer... though he grew up doing touge racing so knows how to drive...

rwd OWNS fwd HA!

and before you clioboys get upset the teggy pisses on a clio for handling lol

RWD FTW TBH IMO

Tsuchyia is a legend, I love his little face KEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHI

Best Motoring is best enjoyed in Jap with Subtitles, love it when they argue lolol.

Lionel Richie
its not a cup he's driving though!

and if this jap racer is SO good, how come we've never heard of him?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Malice your such a faggot...

Rather have the teg! Listen to it! How boring does that silvia sound

And another point you have proved what a crap driver in a rwd car can do.... ;)

Cupra
RWD on an uphill course especially!

I dont think that anybody would argue that FWD is better though? Otherwise all the Supercars would be FWD. :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Tsuchiya is legend. End of...

I've got so many of his clips saved on YouTube

oh, and i'd still have the 'Teg!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
if all cars on the road were RWD there would be a massive increase in crashes. FWD cars / understeer is much eaiser to control then RWD/oversteer.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its only took me one rwd to know that its by far the best setup for my tastes

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
But my Clio is RWD ;) (at which point I know I'm going to get dumped on by J about the handling of the Vee blaa blaa blaa :rasp:).

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Those who claim FWD is better than RWD simply haven't driven a RWD....mainly because they are 17 and most RWD stuff is waaaaay out of their insurance paying capabilities!

Clio
RWD is far more challenging. You can't go stamping on the brake or accelerator mid corner if you've got it a little wrong. Takes far more thought and smooth driving.

Oh I forgot to add. I had to waste an M3 to figure this out.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Malice your such a faggot...

Rather have the teg! Listen to it! How boring does that silvia sound

And another point you have proved what a crap driver in a rwd car can do.... ;)

ahh but cctv and police said it wasnt my fault so blow me lol...

plus look how hard keechi is driving the teg how hard and fast he is having to work... he even gets understeer, the guy in the silvia is much more relaxed and dont get under or overseer once lol...

my point wasnt that a teg or a silvia is better, it was that rwd pwns gay clios :p

and andy i will let you off your getting old ;)

xx

172, Tiguan
How on earth that proves anything I have no idea. Not exactly a scientific test is it?

Anyway, who cares, everybody knows rwd is more of a challenge.

When Lotus built the M100 Elan, they made a rear wheel drive and front wheel drive prototypes. The FWD car was quicker and went into production.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
RWD is far more challenging. You can't go stamping on the brake or accelerator mid corner if you've got it a little wrong. Takes far more thought and smooth driving.

Oh I forgot to add. I had to waste an M3 to figure this out.

Where was the M3 parked

visualize whirled pe
I owned a few rwd's before moving on to the clio.

I like the drive of my clio but in general I prefer rwd and certainly don't think fwd is worth having on anything larger than a clio, the balance feels all wrong.
Some people see things differently but deep down you know if Ford ever released a fwd Mustang or Dodge did a fwd Viper it would be a travesty compared to the real thing.

Fwd was developed for cheapness and to make cars more compact I imagine not for their handling prowess or performance.

visualize whirled pe
When Lotus built the M100 Elan, they made a rear wheel drive and front wheel drive prototypes. The FWD car was quicker and went into production.

hmm
But it was criticised for handeling worse than the origional 1960's model (rwd).

Tbh that car nearly sunk Lotus, over £30 million in losses went down the pan while that was being produced. Hardly a fwd sucess for a company famed for producing sucessful rwd sports cars. I don't think they'll be dabbling with fwd again somehow.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The Elan M100 was arguably the finest handling front wheel drive car ever, however if you drive one its good, but so good its boring.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The Elan M100 was arguably the finest handling front wheel drive car ever, however if you drive one its good, but so good its boring.

Agreed. Its a bit...well...sensible compared to everything else Lotus make.

Series One Elises are very much a challenge. Are always more prone to oversteer rather than the understeer the Series Two gets but then you can drive the Series Two quicker without it trying to kill you.

Yes I've read that before - I think it was in Evo last year. Didn't they use a mk2 version with less power in the test?

Having owned a M100 Elan SE with a Lotus approved BBR upgrade I was kinda disappointed to read that as I though the car was simply amazing!

I often wonder in these tests if the owners lending the cars have them set-up correctly. As we all know a well set-up Clio with a bit of extra neg. camber drives so much better.

Elise/VX220/R26
s14 sounds like my megane :D

All I can say about FWD Vs RWD is there no debate!

I always say FWD is like driving in 2D and RWD is like 3D. Its a richer driving experience and having the back end in play on a car bring whole new dimension to driving.

At the end of the day FWD only exists because it cheaper to manufacture that RWD simple as.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it's an apples and oranges comparison IMO; would have been a different outcome had the track been wet though.

oh shut up! the fwd would of understeered more and the rwd more oversteer... so what? thats what wet weather does...

how is it not scientific jon?? what you dont see in this vid but in the part before it on the best motoring is that the integra has more bhp than the silvia and also weighs less... they race down hill... then turn around and race up hill, on the down hill the silvia hassles the dc2 more and the dc2 cant get away... up hill its the same dc2 cant get near the silvia....

its a touge race thats how they are done... if on the down hill the silvia didnt pressure the dc2 they would of gone back to the top with the silvia at the front and raced again, however that touge pass has uphill and downhill sections on each pass so there was little point... also on the same best motoring dvd they race tsukuba (sp) and the silvia also wins there... keichi does a comentary at the begining saying that the dc2 will win... he is so shocked he swaps cars and the dc2 still looses...

both cars come from the same tuning company....

B

Brown.

if all cars on the road were RWD there would be a massive increase in crashes. FWD cars / understeer is much eaiser to control then RWD/oversteer.

This is the dummest thing i have ever read lol you cant control understeer.....thats the whole point of it being called 'under' steer.....your going straight when turning....how can that be controlled??

tiTTy & SV650
lol steer a little more...

RWD takes more skill than FWD, FWD is easier to push for that reason.

RWD FTW

//james