ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those virgins....

what wax did you use??

i clayed mine for the first time yesterday. then polished it with the trusty old AG super resin.

got it mucky today so washed it and polished it (apart from roof as i couldnt be arsed) with super resin again.

tempted to go out and put some megs gold class wax over the top

oh and..

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 43
  1.8 Civic EX
I used Zymol Cleaner Wax. It's good stuff also smells nice, like a strange mix of bannana and coconut lol!

Rhino16v said:
I used Zymol Cleaner Wax. It's good stuff also smells nice, like a strange mix of bannana and coconut lol!

i used that before on my old car. till some idiot knocked the nearly full bottle in the freezer n ruined it... makes you smell really strange.

1.8 Civic EX
GuyS said:
i used that before on my old car. till some idiot knocked the nearly full bottle in the freezer n ruined it... makes you smell really strange.
Doh! haha, yours is looking rather shiney there too mate! good job.

Not entirely sure what the clay actually does but it realy makes the car hell of a lot more reflective!

the clay picks up all the contaminents off the surface.. like tar spots n stuff.

so the surface feels like glass.

A slow one :-(
Really like the car mate! The colour looks well smart. Im going to invest in a load of meguairs stuff once i've finished all my autoglym stuff off.

1.8 Civic EX
Eddieb said:
Really like the car mate! The colour looks well smart. Im going to invest in a load of meguairs stuff once i've finished all my autoglym stuff off.

cheers mate! I use a bit of everything. AutoGlym car shampoo to start, megs clay and zymol wax...

1.8 Civic EX
if anything it covers them up (providing you wax after). My car was covered in swirl marks bu now I'd say there are alot less and it's only the first time i've done it.

Megane Mk4
out of curiosity .. who makes the clay bar and where can I get some?
I've got some AutoGlym tar remover and a tub of autocar triplewax ;) but no clay.. :(
Very nice clean cars btw :D

Andi

1.8 Civic EX
Meguiars, it's in a big box with detailing spray (which you use to lubricate the car before rubbing the clay on).

Last edited:
haha, sounds like a fair exchange, i have next week off so i can do it then for you if you want.. and with a bit of luck my car will be hybrid'ed ;)

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
I would realy need to take a day off cos I woud want to have a butchers and lend ya a hand to do it so no can do for next week really. I'll let ya know if I can get a day off tho!

Tesla MP3 2021
shineyyyyyyy!!!:)

gonna do mine soon...ive got all the stuff in the garage just never used it.
mite also blow the dust of my P Cable.:)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They look great.The valver really sticks out with that clouor and shine.
must get some of that.Do they sell that kind of stuff in halfords

ian

ian 182 said:
They look great.The valver really sticks out with that clouor and shine.
must get some of that.Do they sell that kind of stuff in halfords

ian

yeah they do

about 10-15quid i think

Friggin hard to get hold of it at halfords here though! It's always sold out the day it's put up on the shelves. Only seen it on the shelf once and that was when I had no money lol

1.8 Civic EX
r-jay said:
Paint on that valver looks great.

Thanks! I wish it was tho, quite a few little scratches, trolly dents and stone chips but the clay and wax has helped cover a few up. Still feels smoth as glass now (24 hours and 15 miles of driving later)

Orange 182
They look ace!

Anyone know whether you can just buy the 'clay bar' as I already have a bottle of megs quick detailer?

1.8 Civic EX
^^^ cheat!! :p looks good tho mate!
come to think of it..the paint on my car is about 10 years old and it looks just as good as all the mk2's that a just a few years old!! cool!

SC 172 FF
while were on the subject of cleanin cars...has any1 tryd halfords advanced car shampoo?.....washd my car with it the other day and its quality! - im never polishing agen! lol

Williams 2
I'm getting some of the megs quick clay this weekend and will finish it off with P21S® Concours Carnauba Wax. Hopefully should look as good as Rhino's!:D How come u use soapy water instead of the quick detailer r-jay?