ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forget petrol prices how about an LPG RS200

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I’m not sure lpg is easy to get hold of anymore but when it was popular I had a go in an MG and when the lpg switch was flipped it felt like it had half the power of the 1.4 petrol engine, so this would probably have the performance of a campus on lpg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bad map or install then. Should be no loss of power with a good LPG install.

ETA: looks like BRC kit on that Clio, which is very good. Not sure if that engine suffers from valve seat recession on gas or not though.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
No way, maybe this will fetch a high price given the cost of fuel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
My mate had an LPG clio 172 years ago.
went perfectly fine on either one tbh. It was 2006 and all we did was race eachother up and down the ring roads. 😂

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given how readily Clios drop valves I’d be dubious about the higher EGTs you get with LPG TBH. LOL WTF BBQ

Besides, every single time I’ve seen a car fitted with LPG it’s because someone is running something they can’t afford on a shoestring budget and therefore lacking in the maintenance side of things.