ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

formating desktop without cds

golf r32 dsg
is there a way to format my computer without having the software cds?
ie windows xp?
i never got them with my computer and im selling this to get a laptop..

not to sure, sometimes the windows setup files are on a hidden partition (or so ive heard)

as long as you have a valid windows serial number, i dont see why you cannot just download Windows XP off bit torent, and use your serial with that.

Clio 1.4 16v
Correct, all windows copies are the same only differing by the service pack issue that comes with them, the cd's can legally be copied its just the license key that is illegal to use on multiple machines

Fiat Panda 100hp
And then when you have downloaded it, it will not be a genuine copy, so pm me and I will tell you how to make it genuine.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
dj_andy17uk said:
Correct, all windows copies are the same only differing by the service pack issue that comes with them, the cd's can legally be copied its just the license key that is illegal to use on multiple machines

It can also depend if the CD is an OEM or open volume licensed version (aka corporate). Also, be wary of some of the torrents as they maybe vendor specific. You can install cross-vendor CDs, such as HP XP+SP2 onto say an NEC laptop, but it will still require a genuine XP key by the time it gets to the Genuine Validation stage.

If your XP key is quite old on the side of the case, you'll probably have to reactivate with Microsoft anyway. Those pile of turds called Sony Vaios are classic for this...:dead:

D.

clio 182 black /gold
This is a very old bump but how can you find the valid windows serial number. My desk top came with it installed but i have no info what so ever on it.