ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found these wheels, need advice

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi,
Just found some 15" 6,5J renault 19 16v chamade alloys at a good price.
I am looking for some 15" alloys for my winter tyres and my future trackday tyres aswell.
They look like these:
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/lets-see-your-wheels.715804/page-3
(There's a blue non sport at mid page of you scroll down a bit with white rims)
The ones I found are the std colur though.
Should I go for them or wait for smth nicer what do you think?
Thx!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I think that it's 99% personal opinion, if you like them and they're the wheels you want then go for them, they can always be painted at a later date to suit your taste. We all have different likes/dislikes but that doesn't mean any one person is right or wrong, go with what's right for you :)

The only possible issue to consider is whether there's any problems fitting under bigger brake calipers (brembo 4 pots for example) otherwise I don't see any real problems with them fitting

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
forgot to mention, one other concern was heat build up when braking, the small holes in the rims theoretically aren't helping brake cooldown, so if anyone runs similar wheel design maybe they could give some feedback on heat performance.
As for the looks I know there's a personal opinion involved, but if there are 300 people saying they are horrible then maybe they are you know, and I may have some bad taste :))
Anyway let's say for now that I'm more concerned about the functionality rather the design ;)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Just seen this on a face ok page, different colour but same wheels I believe
Screenshot_2017-06-13-17-40-40.png

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
yep, there they are! they look kinda cool, only thing that puts me off now is the weight and the 6,5J width. wanted smth with 7j to be able to fit 205's if needed without the tyre looking awkward

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
The link I gave in the 1st post shows a dark blue non sport with white coloured ones. At the bottom half of the page

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I have some in the shed, I'll try remember to weigh one tomorrow. They are a rare wheel now, f**king vw nobs fit them to their lupos and polo's. I like them and was quite surprised how well they suit the clios. I was going to put them on my 5 but 1 was fooked and the 5 had gone before I could make a set up

535d / t5 caravelle
I had some if these, trial fitted them on my cup, as much as I wanted them to look cool, they didn't, sold em.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Just bought them but they look like they've been through a war, so will have to refurb them.
The car is arctic blue, the current wheels are 16" ultraleggeras painted in gunmetal grey, so I want these painted a different colour but can't decide on it
What do you think goes well with the blue?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
maybe a pale gold, not willing to resemble the likes of williams or impreza gold alloys.