ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Free BHP!!!

Fiat Punto GT
"what have i removed "
pretty much everything really!
most is free weight saved but i have a lightweight racing battery ,carbon fibre seat ,poly windows ,lightweight wheels etc .Weight has been verified on local scrappys weighbridge more than once.

ill be on track at donington this weekend if anyone wants a look or fancies their chances against a rover 45 ,lol.
I think Markcups trying to avoid me !

Dave

p.s conneh
i probably know a little more about zs and their engines than you .Kv6 in the zs 180 does not suffer hgf .The k4 in the zr , zs 120 , elise , caterham etc is the one with a reputation for hgf .

lose.

Hmmm I've done some of that and I'm planning to do all that you have listed. But I'll never see a loss of 265kgs.

There's me thinking Rovers were badly built ;)

you be surprised ,there was 14 kilos of that sound deadening alone after id scraped it all off .You know that stuff thats like thick roofing felt or tar thats stuck in big patches all over the floor.

Dave

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Impressive stuff dave...I had no idea you'd lost that much but now your flying lap around Combe is starting to make sense...221 per ton FFS ;)

What mods gave you the 215 bhp?

212 bhp at powerstation just after id had fast road cams fitted,apart from that full exhaust including Hayward and Scott custom manifolds and sport cat , induction and custom re map to suit.
Lovely linear delivery for track and good torque but theres no way to get bigger power from the kv6 so im looking at an audi tt 1.8 225 turbo engine conversion,you can get adaptor plate and flywheel that mates the audi engine straight to my pg1 gearbox and it makes 270 bhp just with re map and breathing mods.

pulled 1.19's at combe last time out, i was made up!
Dave

Fiat Punto GT
you be surprised ,there was 14 kilos of that sound deadening alone after id scraped it all off .You know that stuff thats like thick roofing felt or tar thats stuck in big patches all over the floor.

Dave

Doesn't add up to 265kgs though surely?

Any pics?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Bear in mind that my Cup is currently 206kgs lighter than a standard 172 (89kgs lighter when it left the factory) and there's an easy 50kgs or so if I was prepared to go that far.

265 would be no problem from a car so BIG to start with.

;)

Black Gold Trophy
There was a guy on corsasport that cut half of his dashboard out to save weight, it was a track only car, must have shifted though with an XE and itbs!

Those MG ZS' are awesome cars really nice handling, a mate of mine had one.. its only a shame that the master cylinder is made of plastic! ah well aparently a honda civic saloon one can be modified to fit ;)

yeah theres an uprated clutch hydraulics kit made by an owner for little money .Many have done over 100k though on all original parts.
To try and show all my weight saving in pictures would ab a bit tricky ,all a pic would show would be a stripped shell.To show all my weight saving you would need pics under the car ,under the bonnet ,under the arches ,behind the dash etc ,i.e ,not very practical!
I have no need to prove anything to you guys with pictures anyway ,as i said im at donington on sunday so come and have a look .Watch some of my videos ........how else could a front drive 212 bhp car put in the lap times i achieve.The new honda FD2 lapped combe in the hands of a pro in 1 min 24.How could i lap in 1.19 with less bhp without a huge weight saving?.
Tiff tested the 911 gt3 at combe and got a best lap of 1.15 with double the brake horse power and rear drive ........im not a miracle worker behind the wheel , to get the times i do it has to be in the car.

Dave

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
got a link to the vid of you doing a 1.19? i think the lap record for the 1800cc-3ltr class is 1.15. first time out at combe and first time in my car i managed a 1.31 in the wet. we were timing the e36 m3 at 1.35 in the dry

Fiat Punto GT
yeah theres an uprated clutch hydraulics kit made by an owner for little money .Many have done over 100k though on all original parts.
To try and show all my weight saving in pictures would ab a bit tricky ,all a pic would show would be a stripped shell.To show all my weight saving you would need pics under the car ,under the bonnet ,under the arches ,behind the dash etc ,i.e ,not very practical!
I have no need to prove anything to you guys with pictures anyway ,as i said im at donington on sunday so come and have a look .Watch some of my videos ........how else could a front drive 212 bhp car put in the lap times i achieve.The new honda FD2 lapped combe in the hands of a pro in 1 min 24.How could i lap in 1.19 with less bhp without a huge weight saving?.
Tiff tested the 911 gt3 at combe and got a best lap of 1.15 with double the brake horse power and rear drive ........im not a miracle worker behind the wheel , to get the times i do it has to be in the car.

Dave

I'm not doubting it at all just interested in seeing what you removed?

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
ok , thats cool , but would u really notice anything if i started stripping out the car ????

im only talking rear seats n sh!t , not dash etc

TVR Cerbera
ok , thats cool , but would u really notice anything if i started stripping out the car ????

im only talking rear seats n sh!t , not dash etc

Try it, take your back seats out and weigh them, you'll be suprized. spare wheel, tool kit etc are all good things to lose. An AA card is much lighter!

Free bhp helps with things like this .
Video from donington last sunday.

MG ZS 180 Vs M3 CSL 360 BHP ,260 BHP/TON.

Watch on full screen in high quality ,turn sound up and enjoy.
Despite having just under half tank of fuel on this video ,you can see and hear as i enter the dunlop straight on last lap my cars cutting out as the fuel pumps sucked air up and thats why the csl jumps away a bit.
Best lap was a yozzasport crushing 1.23...lmao.
There were 4 or 5 x m3 csl there on the day and the quickest one made a 1.22 lap .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weazALc7Cc0

Dave

S4 Avant
DSCF2101.jpg

You been stealing my car? :rasp:

Great session dave, did he move over eventually?

i spoke to him after one session and we decided in the next session he would let me by and see if he could keep up with me ,so he pulled over on dunlop straight and i led the way for a few laps .In his words he said "he could just about hang on to me".
Ive got it on video actually but obviously my cameras formard facing so as soon as i passed him theres nothing to see .He was videoing at the time so im hoping he puts it on youtube or similar.

Dave

Z4
"what have i removed "
pretty much everything really!
most is free weight saved but i have a lightweight racing battery ,carbon fibre seat ,poly windows ,lightweight wheels etc .Weight has been verified on local scrappys weighbridge more than once.

ill be on track at donington this weekend if anyone wants a look or fancies their chances against a rover 45 ,lol.
I think Markcups trying to avoid me !

Dave

p.s conneh
i probably know a little more about zs and their engines than you .Kv6 in the zs 180 does not suffer hgf .The k4 in the zr , zs 120 , elise , caterham etc is the one with a reputation for hgf .

lose.

Nice car mate, little update for you though, the Kv6 does suffer from hgf!
Not as much as the standard k series, but it's still not tooo strong, my ol man has had a few kv6's and 2 of them have had hgf!
Keep up the good work.

vw bora
i did it to my cup but it soon went back, i completely stripped it on the back end but it was too noisey and it made the back end very twichy on fast corners but i am running standard suspension so it might be better with coilys or lowering springs, sorry for the late comment lol

Last edited:
C

clvs2222

nope, you are right, the clio sport are very lively and twitchy when they are stripped out. on coilovers or not.