ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Free BHP!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Might have to put it back in though :( getting moaned at and worried mouses might us my back seats as a new house.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Good work!

I just got a set of these wheels for my Inferno shod with Toyo 888s for trackdays. Have already upgraded the seats to Recaros, so some weight saved there, and stripped everything you have done (interior only gets whipped out for trackdays). Still got that massive weight attached to the engine mount and the engine hoist to remove in the next few weeks. I weighed my Recaro passenger seat at 15kg, standard 182 seat is around 25kg i think. So that's 20kg there.

Great minds and all that...

182 cup packs
Might have to put it back in though :( getting moaned at and worried mouses might us my back seats as a new house.

How much higher was the rear of the car after stripping out? Did it look silly? Also did the bonnet insulation (it's there for sound i assume) weigh much?

Cheers!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Lots more to come out you pussey!

This is how I roll lol....

21022009023.jpg

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Great jobs on the weight saving guys!

Might do a bit of weight saving myself, that's the only way I'm going to see a tiny increase in performance.

Spare wheel, parcel shelf, boot carpet and general junk. That's all I can think of that can be removed, anything else I'm missing that can be easily put back without too much hassle? I imagine the back seats would be a mega pain, especially for someone as inexperienced as me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Rear seats are very easy to remove, only need to undue one bolt.

Titanium 182
It makes your car more fun to drive, I will do mine again in summer. Handy for putting MTB's in your car too :D

Titanium 182
On a little bracket where the two seprate sections of the back seats meet.

You have to remove the ISOFIX(sp?) bar first or I did in mine anyway.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Got denied permission by the missus.
images

Still took what I listed out though, noticed a TINY improvement in acceleration and handling, although that may have just been psychological. :(

'53 172 Cup
Should have bought a 172 Cup instead as that's already way lighter than the 182... surely!?! 168bhp p/t standard if I recall...

(waiting to be shot down!?!)