ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freeview+ Box

fiesta 1.25
Looking into getting one but which do i go for?

Also it records onto the internal HD but is there a way of taking media off it by plugging in USB or writing to DVD?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
£58 is pretty good, least you can move things about when it's full.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well yeah its futureproof in the sense it doesn't have an HDMI port. (or any HD out)

But its not DVB-T2 ready no.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Humax PVR9200T. I had one before I got the V+ box. It's excellent. Good user interface, very quick. Can be plugged into a PC as well.

Track 172 & Golf R32
as a satellite engineer i would say Freeview+ is good for a bedroom or for anyone that cant have satellite. Freeview HD is useless not enough channels coming through in HD however it does upscale. not that noticiable though.

The way forward is FreesatHD+. Freeview channels plus a few of the satellite freeview channels. and the Humax boxes are the better ones a lot easier to use!

fiesta 1.25
That is cheap, just what im after too.

Whats the qaulity like and how much memory would say a 30 min programe take up?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
as a satellite engineer i would say Freeview+ is good for a bedroom or for anyone that cant have satellite. Freeview HD is useless not enough channels coming through in HD however it does upscale. not that noticiable though.

The way forward is FreesatHD+. Freeview channels plus a few of the satellite freeview channels. and the Humax boxes are the better ones a lot easier to use!

Wow remind me never to call you.

Astonishingly incorrect information.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Freeview website says they will carry BBC HD, ITV1 HD and C4HD. Freesat says they carry BBC HD, ITV1 HD and I believe C4HD is on there as well. From that, I don't understand what your comment is based on.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Freeview website says they will carry BBC HD, ITV1 HD and C4HD. Freesat says they carry BBC HD, ITV1 HD and I believe C4HD is on there as well. From that, I don't understand what your comment is based on.

i read Freesat had several channels in the pipeline other than the ones that freeview offer.. must have got my wires crossed. my bad :/