ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

freeview question

BG182FF
hey peeps, need some advice and help please. Wanting to put a Freeview lcd in my room but unfortunately do not have a tv aerial socket in my room. Is it possible to still get the channels? or would i need to get one installed in my room. Thanks in advance.

not necessarily, you might get away with a decent indoor aerial.

And by decent I mean not a coathanger, and preferably one that you plug in to the mains (or battery).

BG182FF
my room doesnt have a tv socket from the wall like most houses where u plug aerial in and plug into back of tele. I only have one in the living room. if that makes sense.

bollo, do you have any links for decent indoor aerials mate? i wouldnt know what a coathanger one is :S

my room doesnt have a tv socket from the wall like most houses where u plug aerial in and plug into back of tele. I only have one in the living room. if that makes sense.

bollo, do you have any links for decent indoor aerials mate? i wouldnt know what a coathanger one is :S

Its a coathanger :s LOL

You could also split the aerial cable in the living room and bring this upstairs so you use the same outside aerial

Chav Rocket
if that doesnt work then get a amplified splitter and take off from the living room one.

BG182FF
ok thanks lads, will give it a whirl. Anyone used on of those indoor aerials and able to receive most channels? think thats a better option for me guys

AK

M240i
ok thanks lads, will give it a whirl. Anyone used on of those indoor aerials and able to receive most channels? think thats a better option for me guys

I've got an indoor one with an amplifier that plugs into the mains, I get all the channels perfect.

MK2 Clio
I had an indoor one, they work well aslong as its not next to your boiler etc, make sure you invest in a better one rather than a cheaper one I got mine from maplin for about £40 iirc

BG182FF
AK - link to the one you have please :) the system will be close to the window so hoping it will work. thanks peeps again

Theres a program called Freewire which lets you use your computer as a TV, streams the tv via the web.

It might be uni specific but it works really well, could be worth looking in to