ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ph2 Cruise Control Brazil.

Clio pH2 2015
Hello!
I'm Brazilian and here in my country, the Clio ph2 remained on sale until 2016. In 2014 there was an external facelift, making it visually younger.

Unfortunately, Renault do Brasil did not offer several features in this vehicle that exist in the Clio ph2 from other countries.

Through a lot of research, including on this website, I saw some reports of retrofits that involved the installation of cruise control. However, I didn't find any tutorial for installing it.

I would like to know if it is possible if someone who carried out such a retrofit could please share. Cruise control was not even offered as an option, although I believe it is present in the ECU.

Thank you very much in advance!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hello!
I'm Brazilian and here in my country, the Clio ph2 remained on sale until 2016. In 2014 there was an external facelift, making it visually younger.

Unfortunately, Renault do Brasil did not offer several features in this vehicle that exist in the Clio ph2 from other countries.

Through a lot of research, including on this website, I saw some reports of retrofits that involved the installation of cruise control. However, I didn't find any tutorial for installing it.

I would like to know if it is possible if someone who carried out such a retrofit could please share. Cruise control was not even offered as an option, although I believe it is present in the ECU.

Thank you very much in advance!
First you would need to find out if the car is pre wired for cruise control, id take a guess at no due to cost saving since no model that late had cruise control, in the 2001-2005 cars you could option cruise control so it made sense to just have one wiring loom that could accommodate both.

If you remove the dash dimmer panel where the cruise control button goes see if you have the spare wiring behind it
img_8336-jpg.jpg

if you do then you will need to source:
Panel with cruise control button
Steering wheel squib from a cruise control car
Steering wheel with cruise control buttons
Brake pedal switch & clutch pedal switch

if i remember right there may have been another piece of loom that ran from the main dash loom to the clutch pedal switch but its years since i done a retro fit.

On most RS cars without cruise control you can simply fit all of the above and it works, but on NON RS cars it usually needs enabled via Renault CLIP