ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Number Plates

Breaking A 172 Replica
Are they illegal?

And where could I get some from if they are not?

How much would they cost?

Thanks

Sam

taken from sax-p
Ok... just to answer some of your questions.

A member on FSC has been in contact with the DVLA and they've confirmed that these plates can get away for being "road legal" because they are still European plates and they still comply to European guidelines.

I know many people who have been pulled over by the police for a particular reason and the police have not said anything about the plates. Some officers might say something while the majority turn a blind eye to it.

There has been some discussion within the DVLA and associated parties that cars with these plates are to be registered out of the UK which would make them comply (hence french cars coming over from France driving on UK roads with french plates).

Dubmeister currently class these plates as "show plates". Therefore, if you tell them what you'd like (spacing, etc...) then they'd do it for you. Nearer the time, I'll be contacting each person on the (FSC) list asking for what they'd like on the plates.

If you have any other questions, ask me on here, FSC or PM me for a quicker response.