ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front lights

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
I've heard that toothpaste works. Grab 2 tubes from Tesco, the value stuff will do, and smother them on your lights....wait 15 mins the wash it off....worth a try for what...50p?

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive, just like car polish...

However, just like polish, you can't just slap a thick load on and leave it there lol.

Anyway that's all redundant, 1500 grit wet & dry produces great results on bad headlights relatively fast, relatively easily and for about 50p. Follow it up with some sort of polish and sealant (ask in Car Detailing) and you've got yourself a massive improvement for hardly any money and an hour or two of your time.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Do them yourself with wet & dry etc. No need to spend money on a kit (imo)

I know, i never used a kit when i done mine and i wont be using one next time.

But from the impression i got from the OP it would be easier to just tell him about the kit :p

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
There's a couple of guys round this way that charge circa £20 to do it for you. . Im sure you'll find someone your way.

I know, i never used a kit when i done mine and i wont be using one next time.

But from the impression i got from the OP it would be easier to just tell him about the kit :p
Fair enough, to be honest I'm not very good at hands on stuff but I did them fine. So if I can do it etc ;)